Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prentisswj
    • Dec 2003

Vhs To Dvd

I hope I am in the right place. I have several VHS movies (I recorded from TV) I have a anilog box that goes from the VCR to the USB port of my computer. I have a Sony DVD Burner. My stand alone only will play DVD-R's.
    Using Nero 6.3 OEM upgraded. Confused about burning. I tried to pick the file on hard drive in nero it said it was converting, after that I tried to burn disk, did not reconize file format? It did burn one disk but DVD player said "check disk" wont play it.
    Now I have DVD X came with one of the burners, I also have several other programs like Sonic , they realy have me confused.
    what do I need just to get movies from tape to DVD.
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Some of us on here have done that kind of work, and there are different ways of accomplishing what you want. I assume that if you have a device between your VCR and PC, it is capturing the video as MPEG-2. If that is true, you need to re-author those files into a DVD structure, and to do that there are several programs. Maybe one came with your capture device, but I would also recommend trying either TMPGEnc DVD Authoring or DVDLab and see how you like them (they both have free trials). Those will author the files into folders that can be burned directly onto a disk with Nero, which should be used only for burning, not converting. If this is correct, sounds like you were missing a step. So, in other words, here is the sequence: capture, author, burn. For each step there is a different program. In addition, if you want to do some editing or re-encoding, you can insert another step, though it's not necessary. Mess around and let us know.

Comment

• prentisswj
      • Dec 2003

Now That is fast response.
      Thanks I will try it tonite _ and get back to you ASAP

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡