Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: pioneer has problem with win xp

Default pioneer has problem with win xp

Hello,
    I have pioneer dvr-105 (dvd-rw) drive. i had windows me and it was working. I used it to back up my data. Then i upgrade win me with windows xp. now i can write and read CDs and also i can watch dvd movies. but when i put my old data dvds i cant see my files also i cant burn a blank dvd-r

please help

Question

I'm having same problem, albeit my system came with XP already on it and I've never been able to burn DVD's. The Pioneer DVR-105 just doesn't recognise when I insert a blank disc to write to.

Someone suggested I try various manufacturers discs until I find one that works, but that's a bit of a hit and miss way of going about it. Have you had this problem no matter what manufacturers discs you've used?

Unhappy me too pioneer dvr-105 on XP DOES NOT WORK!

Me too I have the same problem!
    I have a Medion with a pioneer DVR-105 preinstalled.
    I've been trying and trying to burn a TV show thinking that I was doing something wrong... But when it starts to writ the data, it says ERROR!
    Then I find your message. Although it's not a solution, I feel a bit better -Not much though- would be better if it worked! Plus I think my garantee is just over.

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW WHAT TO DO??????????

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi..._2004Feb20.pdf
    Says you can't burn more that for DVD-RW the speed is to 2x and none for DVD+RW
    And you can download a Firmware Version Checker: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._47530,00.html
    Last edited by ycc; 21 Jul 2004 at 06:16 AM

You need to give more information as to how it is you're trying to make your copies. If you're unsure then try the guide I've supplied a llink for below.

If its not the steps that you're having a problem with then check to see if your firmware is updated, your aspi layer is installed, and your DMA settings are correct.

The more information you give me the more I can help.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...dvd_shrink.cfm
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Thread Information