VHS recorded Tape to DV Tape to DVD Audio Trouble....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

VHS recorded Tape to DV Tape to DVD Audio Trouble....

Ok, I recorded an old VHS tape that I have, onto a DV Tape in my Canon DV Camera. I Captured it to an uncompressed .AVI with Windows Movie Maker. And when I tried to convert it to an .MPEG2 with TMPGEnc, and I only did a little from the begining to test it, to see how it was going to look... and the Audio was VERY slowed down, and sounded like some type of monster voice.

So I opened it in Vegas Video (4.0) and put it into a Video track... and NO Audio showed up. So I just saved a little bit of it to test it out. I go to play it back, and Surprise!, NO AUDIO!
    Why is this? I just want to make a simple MPEG2 file to put on a DVD!

IF anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

(Oh, and I have tried searching with the term 'VHS' and I disn't see anyone else who was having this problem...)
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

Help?

Comment

• RNCSerge
      • Jul 2003

Since your DV camera supports Firewire, just transfer the video through that. and the resulting DV avi file you can put into TMPGEnc to make a MPEG2 file

Comment

• vic_vega
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • May 2003

Tried it, and it just says "DV IN"on the DV camera (When its plugged in that is) and a blue screen. Nothing pops up on the computer...

Comment

• vic_vega
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • May 2003

I think that Movie Maker does some weird stuff to imported files because.. I imported a few clips in Vegas, and they came out fine!

The only thing that I am having issues with now are some borders around the right, and left sides of the video clips, and a hissing type of line at the bottom of the clips.....

Comment

• RNCSerge
            • Jul 2003

Overscan, my good man.

Comment

Working...