Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jade
    • Jan 2004

Compressing with DVD XCOPY

Hi, I've just started using DVD Xcopy and I was wondering if there are any easy to use compression programs that are compatible with this software. Also to what extent is quality comprimised when you compress a DVD movie to one disc. Thanks.
  • KingElvis
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2003

"Hi, I've just started using DVD Xcopy and I was wondering if there are any easy to use compression programs that are compatible with this software. "

I would give DVDShrink a try, it's an awesome compression program and it's FREE!

"Also to what extent is quality comprimised when you compress a DVD movie to one disc."

I think this depends on how much compression you apply and to what medium you're watching it at. The bigger the TV the less compression you should have as it will show more. Hope that helps.

Good luck

Comment

• Jade
      • Jan 2004

Thanks. I gave DVD Shrink a go last night and used it in conjunction with Nero 6. I burned 2 discs successfully but have been unable to back up one of my favourite DVDs - Although both DVD Shrink and Nero said they where successful in encoding and burning the disc, I keep getting freezing and error messages towards the end of the movie when I play it in my DVD player.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? Could it be a software problem with Nero or DVD Shrink? Any ideas on how to fix this? 'cause I'm making a fair few expensive coasters. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• KingElvis
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2003

"I keep getting freezing and error messages towards the end of the movie when I play it in my DVD player."

Typical symptoms of bad media. Try a different brand...a good one is Ritek. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Comment

• Jade
          • Jan 2004

Will do, thanks.

Comment

• KingElvis
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jade
            Will do, thanks.
            You're welcome

Comment

• puter_time
              • Nov 2003

It's all Media,Media,Media.

Comment

• scottro
                • Jan 2004

DVD X COPY sucks it will mess up your pc. It has messed up a lot of my friends pc`s. Use DVD SHRINK to rip and burn with NERO or CLONE DVD. I use clone dvd get it all here http://rebirth.cdrsoft.cc/index.html

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎