Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lawtyger
    • Jan 2004

What did I do wrong?

Thanks to ddlooping's tutorials, I've succesfully used DVD Decrypter and ripped files from my purchased copy of Matrix Reloaded. I've also succesfully used Shrink to shrink the files to one disc (they play great from the hard drive).

I've also successfully navigated through Nero Burning Rom and started the burn process. . . BUT:

. . . although the burning appears to start sucessfully, about 4 minutes in Nero Burning Rom gives me the following error message - "Burn Process Failed at 4x (5,520 KB/s)."

DVD Video file reallocation was started and completed. The files were sorted and caching was started and completed. Then the list of events, they goes as follows:

- Burn process started at 4x (5.520 KB/s)
    - TDK DVDRW0404N
    Illegal disc
    - Burn Process failed at 4x (5.520 KB/s)

I'm using a TDK DVD+-/R +-RW burner (AID 440) and have tried both memorex DVD-R's and Fuji DVD-R's.

Is my burner possibly defective? Frustrated, but not discouraged!

Chris
  • KingElvis
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2003

Hey Chris,

Just curious if you have Roxio CD Creator installed on your system. They have been known to create issues with Nero. If you do try unistalling it and give it go. Good luck!

Comment

• lawtyger
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for replying.

I do have Roxio installed (it came with the TDK burner). After creating some more coasters with Memorex and Fuji DVD's I found on the TDK webpage that there was some recommended media for this product (it actually only listed TDK discs and two other brands I hadn't heard of). It actually came with a TDK+R disc which my stand alone player doesn't read, but I went ahead and tried to burn to the TDK disc and I got all the way to the end for a change before I got the failed error.

I'm giving up on this burner regardless and taking it back today after reading some user reviews on other sites. I'll also take the Roxio stuff off the computer before I try a new burner.

Thanks

Comment

• KingElvis
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2003

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully your new burner won't give you anymore headaches.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"although the burning appears to start sucessfully, about 4 minutes in Nero Burning Rom gives me the following error message - "Burn Process Failed at 4x (5,520 KB/s)."

Did you try and burn at 2x?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎