X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MiCK76
    • Dec 2003

Nero DVD-Video : Book-Type DVD-ROM?

hi guys,
    does anybody know if this option is better to be selected in Nero (i got 6.3.0.2) or not? i see nero force it to be selected, but i'd appreciate some tips...thanx

PS: seems like i started to make a lot of coasters in these last days....i got a doubt...could it be possibile that's because i tried to select as target size from shrink or recode as well 4,472MB instead of default DVD5 size (4,464 for shrink or 4,459 for recode)?? i mean is it better to have 24-30MB free at the end of the DVDR?
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

The book type can only be used on a few makes of writer. Ricoh (the first and main one), some NEC, QSI and a make called Nutek.

It makes the disc a DVD ROM and so players that don't work with DVD+ will work. I got my Panasonic E50 Recorder working with DVD+RW even though it doesn't work normally. It makes the disc more compatible with more players.

It sounds like you have a drive that works with bitsetting. There is no harm in using it. A +RW disc will still be a RW afterwards.

I have used DVDInfoPro to change a +RW to DVD ROM after burning.

Comment

• MiCK76
      • Dec 2003

thanx nwg, now i know also why i didn't see this option anywhere...actually i have a ricoh writer...really thanx bye

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

The old versions had a tickbox that could be on or off. Now Nero makes a DVD+ to a DVD ROM automatically.

Comment

• MiCK76
          • Dec 2003

i got the last version (6.3.0.2) and there's still the tickbox, only even if i deselect it every time i start a new project nero force it selected...with "i didnt see this option anywhere" i meant anywhere in the guides...but now you lit my way thanx nwg

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎