Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmag30
    • Jan 2004

Burning DVDS

I just learned how to shrink down the dvds and put them in a folder on my harddrive, now can i just go into my dvd burning software that came with the burner and burn the movie?
  • byrnet
    • Jan 2004

I'm using DVD shrink 3.1 and then using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6... burning at a slower speed seems to help (at least it does for me). I just click and drag the files into Easy Creator and burn... works great.

I guess Nero works with DVD Shrink, but I heard some people had problems with it.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"I just learned how to shrink down the dvds and put them in a folder on my harddrive, now can i just go into my dvd burning software that came with the burner and burn the movie?"

Some burning software will not create the two "required" folders needed for standalone players to recognized a DVD disk. These two folders are named: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS" (both folders must be ALL CAPS). You put "All" the DVD related files into the VIDEO_TS folder, and leave the AUDIO_TS "empty". Burn these two folders with your preferred burning program.

Comment

• windtrader
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Feb 2002

Nero works fine with DVDShrink output, especially if you specify you want to create a DVD-Video disc. It will do the necessary checks to make sure the DVD standards are followed.

Comment

• xixgrifterxix
          • Jan 2004

how do you burn a dvd using nero 6 after shrinking it with dvd shrink? i tried using the the dvd iso and udf mode. i dragged all the files over and hit the burn button. when i tried playing it on my dvd player, i would get a menu that showed all the filles that i dragged over. what am i doing wrong?

Comment

• windtrader
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Feb 2002

If you are using the latest version of DVDShrink, you can set an option to burn the disc which automatically sets everything up in Nero; you just need to insert the DVD to be burned and it takes care of everything. That is probably the easiest way. There is a Nero express or wizard if you want to have Nero walk you through the setup.

Comment

• ashy
              • Nov 2003

how do you burn a dvd using nero 6 after shrinking it with dvd shrink? i tried using the the dvd iso and udf mode
              Windtrader already told you how.
              Nero works fine with DVDShrink output, especially if you specify you want to create a DVD-Video disc

Comment

• xixgrifterxix
                • Jan 2004

thanks. i was using an older version of shrink, but i just downloaded the new version and it works fine.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

Threadstarer hasn't responded. So, congrat.'s on your 1st S
                  'Shrink movie. There are some very good freeware alternatives to commercial software.

try "Shrink, of cource, versions, 2.3, 3.0 Beta 5 and 3.1.?
                  DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 Ripper and Burner
                  IMGClassic v. 0.91.1 for dvdShrinkfiles to burn with DVDDecrypter.

Nero dvd burning = problems !
                  Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• ashy
                    • Nov 2003

Nero dvd burning = problems !
                    Not any more it doesn't.
                    They may have had a few teething problems with the upgrade from 5 to 6, but most if not all of the bugs have been worked out and there are no more problems as yet.
                    There are more people having problems using IMGtool and DVDdecrypter to burn than with Nero now.
                    Also DVDshrink seems to think Nero is good enough to incorporate it's abilities into the program.

At least Nero checks the structure of the compilation BEFORE burning for compliance and is usually correct if it finds a problem it has saved me a few coasters in the past.
                    When I have ignored any warnings and carried on with the burn I usually end up with a coaster even when I use another program to burn the same files.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Jan 2004

ashy,

Nero has problems in 6 version. Haven't you been reading the threads about Nero 6 burning problems, slow burning, causing slow decrypting, etc.? Check out the other sites and their forums where folks aren't so nice.

After re-installing windows (to replace files that Nero "deleted"), most people haven't had a problem with IMG Classic and 'Decrypter.

Well, of cource 'DVDShrink would include NERO as a burn option, didn't DVDShrink author/participate in the Nero Recode 2 Engine?

Duh?

Was the cause : gratitude, planned, choice of the best available burner? I don't care which, because 'Shrink is a very good freeware and 'Shrink has not been stingy to the freeware dvd back-up people.

But, in the final release, it would be generous of 'Shrink to have a setting to burn with the IMGCLASSIC"Decrypter freeware without somebody having to devise another G.U.I. for such.

Until burnable D-9's are inexpensive, 'Shrink is the way to go. But afterwards, (if updated by LightningUK) DVDDecrypter will do a true 1 : 1 back-up of a D-9 to a D-9. Timetable is less than a year.

F.Y.I., DVDDecrypter does check the condition of the disc before burning as to whether disc is compliant, what book, what the supported burn speed(s) are/is, manufacturer, actual size of disc (some discs store a little more so tweakers can safely overburn a playable dvd) etc., and it's freeware.

What is the burn engine of Nero? Did Nero license such or is it in-house? Is it better than "GearWorks"? What is their layer of communication, actually? DVDXCopyGold uses the Gearworks" "layer and it is proven to be the deepest layer available?

When the D-9's become inexpensive, will Nero then tell 6 owners that an update to D-9 burning is actually an upgrade ($$) as they did to the Nero 5 owners? A dvd is a dvd is a dvd!

I don't intend to be burned twice.

I look @ the whole picture for my observation(s).
                      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• ashy
                        • Nov 2003

So you've had a bad experience with Nero and now your just intent on dissing the software no matter what?

You advised me to look at the posts in this forum, I already do this everyday. Which is why I know Nero has improved.

Maybe you haven't tried the recent versions of Nero and you are still basing your comments on the earlier buggy versions.

Nevertheless you are entitled to your opinion. I however am satisfied with the performance of it as are many others, so I will stick with it just thes same thanks.

Comment

• windtrader
                          Platinum Member
                          Platinum Member
                          • Feb 2002

I'm with Ashy.

You come in here as a new member and start posting in many threads your same comments. OK. you don't like Nero. Everyone here has read that, so please refrain. I think Nero is just fine, bought it, and use it everyday. I admit the early releases, in the old days (a couple years ago, around release 4 and before), it would mess over itself, other software, and systems, at times. After release 5.5 and all 6's it is as good as it gets; in other words, not perfect, but for most people most of the time it works fine. Let's keep the dialog constructive.

thx

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Jan 2004

windtrader and ashy (since you're with ashy).,

Read the posts in this forum about Nero 6 limiting the ripping speed and folks whom have Nero 6 will have to wait for a future release or releases to fix the Nero 6.

Ain't been any 'dissing from me. Only facts. You ever been to the places where 'dissing was "coined"? I have.

Even 321 Studios will allow DVDXCopy Gold owners a free "upgrade" (actually update) to Platinum.

Further, I'm not a paid poster to push commercial software by advising people to use such software (as has been proven about some posters @ other forums). Nor, am I a software developer asking questions to get un-compensated solutions. Really, since when did you ever trust business?

My posts have solved some problems for some (as proven by their replies) and I have burned several hundred dvd back-ups and many cd's. I became tired of Nero's undependability and sought a freeware solution which was/is dependable and produces good results. As to 'constructive", you ever build anything? Do you know how to put things together?

Why would anybody buy Nero dvd back-up software when inexpensive writeable D-9's are around the corner and then only a freeware DVDDecrypter will be needed to do a D-9 to a D-9 back-up?

I have said to people why pay for a problem plagued software when there is a freeware that does very good dvd back-ups.

And, the more facts about Nero's un-reliability which are reported, the quicker Nero solves those problems, as such facts reported does cause Nero not to sell as many defective software "solutions".

Do you really want to "Jones'? Reckon the moderator will warn one or both?

Is the forum supported by Nero and TMPEG ( I do see lots of people pushing those softwares)?

Are our solutions actually being used by Nero, etc.? Is this free labor?

Get real.
                            Rig :

Comment

• ashy
                              • Nov 2003

Very nice speech, but you have simply further compounded the fact that you are intent on knocking software and making derogatory comments about it, when it has proved to be successful for myself and many others and not only with DVD burning.

There are many reasons why software may not work as intended not just because it's buggy, factors such as user error, lack of understanding, configuration and compatibilty can all play a part in getting a software to work correctly.

You seem to have a very sinickle and, at times, patronizing attitude which is displayed in this post and some of your others.
                              You seem to come across with an attitude as if your knowledge outweighs the knowledge of any others who choose to debate your advice.

This is displayed in the following quotes:

Ain't been any 'dissing from me. Only facts. You ever been to the places where 'dissing was "coined"? I have.
                              As to 'constructive", you ever build anything? Do you know how to put things together?
                              In your first quote you seem self assured that your all your advice is based on fact not personal opinion. However you neglect to publish or post any anchorage to support your alleged factual comments.

Your second quote is rather condescending. It seems as though you have a negative view of another posters abilities. Yet you are confident that you have superior knowledge and experience along with technical abilities that myself and other members don't have the intellect to comprehend.

All in all again you are entitled to your opinion, but as I have said unless you have actual evidence to support your comments I wouldn't call them FACT or indeed should you expect anyone to accept them as fact.
                              Last edited by ashy; 3 Feb 2004, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎