Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it better to have 20MB (or more) free at the end of the DVDR?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MiCK76
    • Dec 2003

is it better to have 20MB (or more) free at the end of the DVDR?

seems like i started to make a lot of coasters in these last days....i got a doubt...could it be possibile that's because i tried to select as target size from shrink (or recode as well) 4,472MB instead of default DVD5 size (4,464 for shrink or 4,459 for recode)??
    i mean is it better to have 20MB (or more) free at the end of the DVDR? i ask cos its the only thing changed since my first backups, and now i get a coaster out of two on an average...so i dont know which way to turn and off the top of my head i thought also to this.....any help??i'd appreciate it thanx
  • KingElvis
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2003

Why don't you just go back to the way you were doing them when you were successful? Also I heard it is good to leave a little bit of free space at the end specially if the media you are using are not the best quality.

Good luck!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To MiCK76

What you've described is certainly symptomatic of the problem one encounters when using poor quality media...

Comment

• MiCK76
        • Dec 2003

@KingElvis

i did but i encountered same problems now even leaving 20-25MB of free space...really don't know what's happening...

@setarip

it was what i thought at the beginning, but i tried also verbatim and tdk, actually not cheap...and anyway same medias i tried before without any prob...

guys, hope i'll come out of this hell!!!!

Comment

• KingElvis
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Dec 2003

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? If not I would try that. Good luck!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Try using a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your burner. Maxell makes one taht retails for approximately $10US...

Comment

• MiCK76
              • Dec 2003

thanx god and thanx KingElvis uninstalling and reinstalling nero seems to have solved my problem...lotta thanx man!!!

Comment

• KingElvis
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MiCK76
                thanx god and thanx KingElvis uninstalling and reinstalling nero seems to have solved my problem...lotta thanx man!!!
                Glad to be of help.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎