Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: amateur beginnings

Default amateur beginnings

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have read a lot of the threads and guides, but I find that I need a little more help.

I am new to DVD burning, but have been using DVDx 2.2 for about a year for burning movies to CDs. I admit that I am a little overwhelmed by the differences between the 2.

I have ripped a movie to my harddrive using DVD Decryptor. I test it with PowerDVD from my harddrive and it plays perfectly. At which point, I try to burn it using Nero 5.5 as a DVDVideo. All fine. No error messages.

It has no playback as a burned dvd. My laptop won't even read it; it just spins around. My JVC XV-N50 says "No disc" when I try to play it there. The desktop I burned it on has the the message "A disk with an unsupported format in drive D:" when I try to play it with PowerDVD.

Have I missed a step somewhere? The files are all IFOs, BUPs & VOBs. I drag them to the VIDEO_TS folder on the Nero dialog box. I choose "Burn without Mulitsession" when given the choice. The Liquidvideo DVD+R has enough space. Nero says it burned successfully.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

Katy
    Last edited by kallen; 10 Jan 2004 at 11:29 AM

Gold Member
    Gold Member

"The Liquidvideo DVD+R has enough space. Nero says it burned successfully. "

I would try using a -R disk to see if that works.

Good luck!

I'm new to this also, but I found that different media brands all work different.I use Phillips disks , and they work in every player I own,if I use Maxell, it works on my standalone and PC , but not xbox.Imation, works on PC, standalone,xbox, but not my standalone in my car.Maxell is the worst.Good Luck!

Gold Member
    Gold Member

"...Maxell is the worst..."

Yikes, thanks for that. There's a sale right now on Maxell disks and I was about to try it out.

Heh might try it out anyways if they're cheap enough might work for me

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks to both of you.

I tried it on a Fujifilm DVD+R and it works, at least on my laptop. I have yet to try it on a standalone player.

I am finding it hard to believe that different media make such a difference. Also, puter_time, I only have a DVD+RW/+R drive so I can't switch to DVD-Rs. I already learned that.

Katy

Gold Member
    Gold Member

"Thanks to both of you.

I tried it on a Fujifilm DVD+R and it works..."

You're welcome and congratulations

Thread Information