X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kallen
    • Jan 2004

amateur beginnings

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have read a lot of the threads and guides, but I find that I need a little more help.

I am new to DVD burning, but have been using DVDx 2.2 for about a year for burning movies to CDs. I admit that I am a little overwhelmed by the differences between the 2.

I have ripped a movie to my harddrive using DVD Decryptor. I test it with PowerDVD from my harddrive and it plays perfectly. At which point, I try to burn it using Nero 5.5 as a DVDVideo. All fine. No error messages.

It has no playback as a burned dvd. My laptop won't even read it; it just spins around. My JVC XV-N50 says "No disc" when I try to play it there. The desktop I burned it on has the the message "A disk with an unsupported format in drive D:" when I try to play it with PowerDVD.

Have I missed a step somewhere? The files are all IFOs, BUPs & VOBs. I drag them to the VIDEO_TS folder on the Nero dialog box. I choose "Burn without Mulitsession" when given the choice. The Liquidvideo DVD+R has enough space. Nero says it burned successfully.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

Katy
    Last edited by kallen; 10 Jan 2004, 10:29 AM.
  • KingElvis
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2003

"The Liquidvideo DVD+R has enough space. Nero says it burned successfully. "

I would try using a -R disk to see if that works.

Good luck!

Comment

• puter_time
      • Nov 2003

I'm new to this also, but I found that different media brands all work different.I use Phillips disks , and they work in every player I own,if I use Maxell, it works on my standalone and PC , but not xbox.Imation, works on PC, standalone,xbox, but not my standalone in my car.Maxell is the worst.Good Luck!

Comment

• KingElvis
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2003

"...Maxell is the worst..."

Yikes, thanks for that. There's a sale right now on Maxell disks and I was about to try it out.

Heh might try it out anyways if they're cheap enough might work for me

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• kallen
          • Jan 2004

Thanks to both of you.

I tried it on a Fujifilm DVD+R and it works, at least on my laptop. I have yet to try it on a standalone player.

I am finding it hard to believe that different media make such a difference. Also, puter_time, I only have a DVD+RW/+R drive so I can't switch to DVD-Rs. I already learned that.

Katy

Comment

• KingElvis
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Dec 2003

"Thanks to both of you.

I tried it on a Fujifilm DVD+R and it works..."

You're welcome and congratulations

Comment

Working...
            😀