Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdripper101
    • Jan 2004

The Godfather

If anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate. I was wondering if anyone has tried to copy the movie the Godfather, part 1. I have tried it on DVD X copy platinum and DVD Decryptor. On both programs it stops at 49%. its so weird, can anyone help or does anyone have suggestions!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like you're using a burner (Pioneer, perhaps?) that has trouble dealing with the "layer break" found on double-layered DVDs ("DVD=9s")...

Comment

• dvdripper101
      • Jan 2004

Yes, it is a dual-layer disc, but i have a sony dvd burner. i figured it was the best. do you know how i can do it?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) What is the error message generated by DVD DEcrypter?

2) Does the DVD have any obvious scratches, etc.?

3) Try cleaning the DVD

4) Run a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your burner. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

Comment

• dvdripper101
          • Jan 2004

i just recieved the burner for christmas. i can backup all sorts of dvds but this particular one. i have backuped longer movies, well about the same length such as Scarface, and it worked just fine. When i used x copy it said encrypted data, then unable to read. When i used the decryptor it said somehitn like unable to read, and with dvd shrink i forget what that said but something along those lines. the dvd itself is in good shape. i have already copied the other godfathers. its just this one that is really giving me trouble, adn its always at 49%. have you tried backing that dvd up? if so how did you do it?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"When i used the decryptor it said somehitn like unable to read"

Assuming that there's nothing wrong with your burner, then the DVD is either dirty or flawed.

I had no problem ripping the NTSC version of this DVD, using DVD Decrypter...

Comment

• dvdripper101
              • Jan 2004

sorry, but i am not that talented yet in the dvd talk, could you explain to me what the NTSC version is, and if ya could kinda walk me through it, if you have the time. I would appreciate it immensely!Thanks

Comment

• dvdripper101
                • Jan 2004

just for more info to setarip, the error i get from the decryptor is an I/O error.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

The NTSC version is the version that would be sold primarily other than in the United Kingdom...

"just for more info to setarip, the error i get from the decryptor is an I/O error."

Then, as I said previously, assuming that there's nothing wrong with your burner, then the DVD is either dirty or flawed...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎