X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fbest1312
    • Feb 2002

DVD Playback Problems... Found problem but can't solve it

It's like this:

I've already seen all of the posts that say that their dvd playback performance is "crappy", and i've already tried everything that everybody recommends on the forums (dma activation, motherboard and Graphics Board BIOS upgrade, dvd firmware upgrade, etc).

I already tried every OS "Windows 98, XP,ME, and I always get this crummy performance!!!!

Only a couple of days, I tried to remove my sound Blaster Live 5.1 and... Bingo!.
    Exelent DVD performance!!!
    Could anybody explain to me WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO?????

By the way, my system is as it follows:

P III 800Mhz, 512MB Ram, Graphics Blaster Riva TNT With latest drivers, Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Player, Seagate 40GB HDD UDMA 100, Asus DVD Rom 12X E612 with 1.4B firmware.

• timmyd
    • Feb 2002

Have you got the latest drivers for your Soundblaster card? If so email them and say what the problem is they might be able to help you.

Good luck.

Comment

• fbest1312
      • Feb 2002

RE

To answer your question, YES, I have already downloaded and installed the latest SB Live drivers (released on 5/11/2001)

But i'll try your suggestion.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Fbest1312

Comment

• Cpt.Crunch
        • Dec 2001

You should also try using different dvd player software, since there could be an imcompatability issue with your hardware.

Comment

Working...