• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

NEC 1300A (Again)

Hi Guys,

I have seen a lot of activity about the NEC 1300A being picky but would like to ask a question.

I have an NEC 1300A drive and have some unbranded DVD-R's and some Bulkpaq DVD+R's. The unbranded seem to be made by Princo which I have read are ****e but I thought the Bulkpaq would be OK.

I have managed to burn one Princo at 1x using DVD Architect but about 10 have failed. I cant get Nero to burn at 1x so am not sure if this is why.

The first Bulkpaq I got out of the box worked perfectly but now the drive won't recognise them and DVD Identifier says there is no disk in the drive. I have flashed the firmware to V1.09 and still no joy.

Any ideas or should I just buy some Ritek disks and be done with it. Are these guaranteed to work?

Cheers

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

My Bulkpaq (-R) disks are orange and showed up to be Princo. These utterly don't work on my 1300 (v1.09). I tried a pack of white top from Novatech http://www.novatech.co.uk/NOVATECH/s...NOV-DM25B#lblR and have so far (touch wood) not had a failure. I've not run one to identify the manufacturer yet but Novatech did stipulate they're proven with the 1300. Curious they seemed to have removed that though
    Last edited by sfheath; 13 Jan 2004, 10:38 PM.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• caveneo
      • Jan 2004

Download the new firmware and propably you will be ok.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

always a good suggestion thankyou Caveneo .. and after much surfing look what I came up with?

v1.A0 ? never seen version numbers in hexadecimal before!
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• MrE_H
          Head of Sanitation
          • Apr 2003

I have gone through my disks 1 by 1 and found that 9 are readable so I have emailed EBuyer to see what they have to say.

Thanks for the Firmware link. I have used v1.09 from Herrie's but will give this a try as is "official"

Cheers
          A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎