How to Join 2 avi's with 2 audio channels (streams)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rs250
    • Jan 2004

How to Join 2 avi's with 2 audio channels (streams)

Hi Guys nice site you have here. i have come here for refence to encoding and buring a few times and found your responses helpful (especially setarip!)

I have pretty much everything i want worked out
    eg. encoding divx - xvid to DVD format authoring ect...

Only need help now with two things 1
    How to join and then encode avi with 2 audio channels (1st movie, 2nd directors comments) because avi joiner or VD doesn't let me join due to different sampleing rates

Second thing i need is to join a .idx - .sub subtitles to an avi PERMENATLY so i can encode and then play on standalone DVD player.

Thanks Guys Alot if anyone can help me with this i will have all that i want!! CYA

Bit of an upated VD with AC3 lets me join however it doens't include the second mpeg 1 laver 3 (mp3) stream how to i cofigure VD to encode both ac3 stream and mp3 to the one avi file. (currently cd1 & cd2)
    Last edited by rs250; 16 Jan 2004, 07:31 PM.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Are we talking VirtualDubMod? The Streams/Stream list has an 'add' button that opens a file box with mp? and ac3 here.
    Perhaps you need to demux one part first?

Do you need an mp3 codec? LAMEFE worked for me.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• rs250
      • Jan 2004

joining avi with audio ac3 and mp3

Yes i'm talking about virtual dub mod umm theres no stream/streams menu or add in VD and how do you demux then??

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Yes i'm talking about virtual dub mod umm theres no stream/streams menu or add in VD and how do you demux then??"

In VirtualDubMod, go to "File" open your AVI file–make sure video is set to "Direct Stream Copy", and the go to Streams/Stream List and click on "Demux" and save your .ac3 stream.

Comment

• rs250
          • Jan 2004

Joining 2 avis with 2 audio channels

Umm yeah i can get to the part until when you say go to stream/streams list. i got VD 1.5.10 and there is no stream/streams option anywhere where is it???

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"i got VD 1.5.10 and there is no stream/streams option anywhere where is it???"

The "Streams" dropdown menu is the 3rd one to the right of the "FIle" dropdown menu. Click on streams dropdown and "Streams List" will be the 3rd one down.

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

I forgot to say, this is "VirtualDubMod" NOT the regular "VirtualDub".

Comment

• rs250
                • Jan 2004

COOl tnx i get it now and try it and let u guys know!!!

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

"COOl tnx i get it now and try it and let u guys know!!!"

Glad to be of help

Comment

• rs250
                    • Jan 2004

alrighty gives me the option to do someting now thats good. Now

It says that the 2nd stream is VRB and would be better CRB but would be skewed buy 2036m or somethin and it says i should save it to wav thats cool but what should i do after that?

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

"It says that the 2nd stream is VRB and would be better CRB but would be skewed buy 2036m or somethin and it says i should save it to wav thats cool but what should i do after that?"

Now you could go to the "Regular" VirtualDub"-not VirtualDubMod, and "Open Video File" then go to "Video" (make sure to set to "Direct Stream Copy") then go to "Audio" select "Interleaving" (first option). There is an option at the bottom called "Audio Skew Correction". Enter how many (ms) the number you audio is skewed by. Then go back to "File" and "Save as AVI" (or hit F7).

Comment

• rs250
                        • Jan 2004

trying that now hope its skews the right stream not the 1st one but the 2nd ill let ya know !

umm yeah just as i thought it skewd the first stream not the 2nd
                        Last edited by rs250; 18 Jan 2004, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• sfheath
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Sep 2003

hmm, on my VirtualDubMod v1.5.4.1 if I right-click the stream in the stream list and select interleaving I have an audio skew correction?
                          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...