Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Best Deal on 8X Burner?

Default Best Deal on 8X Burner?

Been looking around. Seems the Liteon 8x is the best deal at $159.

Any better deals/drives for that money?

Thanks

Try NEC ND-2500 It is an 8-in-1 combo-drive offering industry leading 8x write speeds to both -R and +R media.
    Just out and ú79.95 {OEM) here in UK - Must be cheaper in USA
    link http://www.nec.co.uk/ND2500A.asp

Michael

Default dvd brnr

just picked up 1 for 79.00 after rebate- I/O magicspin 8x at office max works great no coasters yet

Default 8 x pioneer DVR 107

yeh! After my own advice to go for an NEC I just found the new Pioneer 107 8 x +/- Dvd burner and bought one. Reason? I have a pioneer 104 DVD burner which has never let me down and thought.... yeh! buy that. Also have pioneer 3100 dvd recorder for TV and it is just brilliant - see the trend

Haven't received the 8x recorder yet but when I do and see how it goes, will post another note.
    Makro

The NEC ND2500a is $117 from some places, the cheapest 8x/8x I've seen. The old ND1300a used to be the cheapest 4x, although I'm not sure of the quality.

The Pioneer 107, is around $159 unfortunately, although if it's as reliable as my 105, I'd recommend it - hey gotta be better than that Sony crap!

The thing with the 107 is that a "modified" 106 was demonstrated burning dual layer discs, so there are rumours that this may be available as a firmware upgrade - so would be well worth the extra $40!
    Last edited by sej7278; 26 Jan 2004 at 04:07 PM

Received my new Pioneer 107 DVR - cost inc taxes ú117 0r $198 - probably would have got it cheaper if I had waited, but you know what happens if you are an 'early adopter.'

Have made about 7 dvd'S since receipt and no coasters.

I have no 8x media but was impressed by the speed burned @ 4x. If you hear of anything else regarding firmware upgrade to 'dual' layer, please let me know.

Totally different results than I've had. Every single computer device I've ever owned that said "Pioneer" on it has croaked...and usually had a very short lifespan. Since replacing all my Pioneer paper weights with Lite-on stuff I've been a very happy camper.

Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master

Pioneer 107 for 8X and was news item about a firmware update for the 106 to burn dual layer also.

Pioneer's quality and factory support is why I choose such.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Thread Information