Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzzaddict
    • Jan 2004

Best Deal on 8X Burner?

Been looking around. Seems the Liteon 8x is the best deal at $159.

Any better deals/drives for that money?

Thanks
  • makro
    • Jan 2004

Try NEC ND-2500 It is an 8-in-1 combo-drive offering industry leading 8x write speeds to both -R and +R media.
    Just out and £79.95 {OEM) here in UK - Must be cheaper in USA
    link http://www.nec.co.uk/ND2500A.asp

Michael

Comment

• rudy8459
      • Jan 2004

dvd brnr

just picked up 1 for 79.00 after rebate- I/O magicspin 8x at office max works great no coasters yet

Comment

• makro
        • Jan 2004

8 x pioneer DVR 107

yeh! After my own advice to go for an NEC I just found the new Pioneer 107 8 x +/- Dvd burner and bought one. Reason? I have a pioneer 104 DVD burner which has never let me down and thought.... yeh! buy that. Also have pioneer 3100 dvd recorder for TV and it is just brilliant - see the trend

Haven't received the 8x recorder yet but when I do and see how it goes, will post another note.
        Makro

Comment

• sej7278
          • Dec 2003

The NEC ND2500a is $117 from some places, the cheapest 8x/8x I've seen. The old ND1300a used to be the cheapest 4x, although I'm not sure of the quality.

The Pioneer 107, is around $159 unfortunately, although if it's as reliable as my 105, I'd recommend it - hey gotta be better than that Sony crap!

The thing with the 107 is that a "modified" 106 was demonstrated burning dual layer discs, so there are rumours that this may be available as a firmware upgrade - so would be well worth the extra $40!
          Last edited by sej7278; 26 Jan 2004, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• makro
            • Jan 2004

Received my new Pioneer 107 DVR - cost inc taxes £117 0r $198 - probably would have got it cheaper if I had waited, but you know what happens if you are an 'early adopter.'

Have made about 7 dvd'S since receipt and no coasters.

I have no 8x media but was impressed by the speed burned @ 4x. If you hear of anything else regarding firmware upgrade to 'dual' layer, please let me know.

Comment

• TimoneX
              • Jan 2004

Totally different results than I've had. Every single computer device I've ever owned that said "Pioneer" on it has croaked...and usually had a very short lifespan. Since replacing all my Pioneer paper weights with Lite-on stuff I've been a very happy camper.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

Pioneer 107 for 8X and was news item about a firmware update for the 106 to burn dual layer also.

Pioneer's quality and factory support is why I choose such.
                Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...