Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidd
    • Jan 2004

Can't Rip DVD with DVD Burner

I am trying to rip DVD Namely Family Guy Season 1/2 DVD's.

With my Pioneer 106D burner. It gives "Encryption Error" and wont begin to decrypt the disc. It looks like it cant even Crack the CSS encryption. but im not sure why. I have no problem ripping the Same DVD's. with my DVD Rom drive (forget model Samsung Something) Maybe i need to set reigon? But i didnt set region for either drive.... I was using DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta 5

I will try the disks again with DVD Decryptor. But I dont know why it wouldn't work. Once i rip the disks and burn them they work fine just seems like my DVD Burner wont rip them..

I'd like it to work so i can rip two disks at once.

Anyone knows what might sovle this let me know!
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

After using my Optorite for 4-5 months I was getting errors ripping. Tried DVDshrink, and Dvd decrypter, my 2 never fails. Cussed my dvd burner. Had a cd-rom cleaner here and thought what the heck give it a last resort try. Used it and presto both programs now work. Cough, cough, cigarette smoke on the dvd lense ? Any this fixed my problem, so just a thought.

Comment

• davidd
      • Jan 2004

Brand New Drives both of them. Used maybe 10 disks in them. IM pretty sure its some sort of setting. Not a mechanical failur. Casue it burns and read's disks ok... Just cant seem to decrypt.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"have no problem ripping the Same DVD's. with my DVD Rom drive"

Stick with using ONLY your DVD ROM for ripping. Using a burner for ripping will reduce its "life" drastically...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎