Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CODSHEAD
    • Jan 2004

Nero Burns Dvdrw Ok But Fails With Dvdr

wRITING WAVE FILES ETC. TO DVDRW USING NERO6302(LATEST) AND USING MULTISESSION WORKS FINE.
    WRITING SAME FILES TO SAME MANUFACTURERS DVDR RESULTS IN "VERIFIFICATION FAILED" AND PRODUCES A DISC THAT IS UNREADABLE IN BOTH MY PCS AND IN FACT CAUSES THE PC WITH NERO INSTALLED TO CRASH(FREEZES UP) WHEN I TRIES TO READ IT
    RICOH 5240 BURNER,1GHZ P3,760MRAM.
    DAREN'T RY ANY VIDEO YET 'COS THE VISION EXPRESS COMPONENT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY.
  • spladama
    • Mar 2004

Nero Burns Dvdrw Ok But Fails With Dvdr_

Hello,
    That's not a problem of Nero.
    I think (I am sure to 99%) it's possible to create a multisession on a DRD-/+RW but it's IMPOSSIBLE to a DVD-/+R.
    That's just a question of time, i suppose !!!

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

I nearly jumped in here thinking I knew the answer but it's a bit deeper than I first thought. Multisession CD-R is feasible and practical although I have come to grief with discs that are suddenly unreadable. The beauty of CD-RW is in the use of packet writing whether Nero In-CD or Roxio DirectCD which gives you random access and selective deletion with recovery of space.
      Turning to DVD I'm with Spladama on this - I don't believe DVD±R can be multisessioned - only written-at-once.

Of course .. I may be wrong
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎