Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitlilani
    • Jan 2004

Making DVD Copies

I am trying to take a backup of my DVDs that i have bought over christmas. now i am trying to backup using DVD shrink however whenever i try to use dvd shrink it shows in the main movie 2 chapters however when i play both the chapters they are the same main movie twice. Now i am wondering if the movie/dvd makers do this one purpose so they make a the DVD bigger in size...

Now what do i do to make my dvds work to a 4.7 Gig size... currently i am trying to compress the second chapter to pictures only with no audion making it 100 meg in total size....

will that make my DVDs work.. is there a better way i can do it.. last time i tried to reauthor the disk and skip that chapter however the dvd was burnt with menus .. however the menus did not work like menus they were more like chapters and not like the real menus..

Can someone please suggest two things
    1. do i need to have both the chapters... if not is one good enough and the second one a picture only...
    2. is there a better way to burn these dvds...

PLEASE SUGGEST>>
    Thanks.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

"it shows in the main movie 2 chapters however when i play both the chapters they are the same main movie twice". Does it say 2 chapters or have 2 titles? If 2 titles then the 1 is probably full screen and the other 1 wide screen. I do a short preview of each to determine the wide screen from the full screen then pick the 1 I want if not both.

Comment

• amitlilani
      • Jan 2004

they are two titles and they both seem to be the same .. it doesnt look like ones regular and the other is widescreen .. its the same picture again...
      please suggest.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

If both files are app. the same size that would indicate wide screen and full screen. Sometimes hard to tell using Shrink's video preview. On a larger screen you would see the difference. Rip 1 to your hard drive and watch with windvd or equivalent and see which you want or both if not to much compression used.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

Open another re-author window (after you have the 2 titles identified in previous window and drag only 1 to re-author (last window) choose which is a little smaller in mb. to use.

Sometimes, 3 instances of same movies on same disc where one is Director's voice-over.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

2 instances not 3 instances (would put on reading glasses but one of arms broke).
            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎