X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spudzz
    • Jan 2004

Trouble with new ASUS dvd rom plz help

Hi,
    I recieved a new asus ASUS DVD-E616P dvd rom yesterday as my old one was playing up. Basically I need to use it for copying dvdrs on the fly which was working fine in my old one until it burned out. Anyway Ive put the new drive in in exactly the same way as my other one was in. Ive gone to copy a dvdr-dvdr on the fly and nero just says
    "CANNOT COPY THIS DISK TO A DVD" It also does the same when I go to copy it from the new dvd to nero image recorder. But it copies original non region protected dvds perfectly ok on the fly from the new ASUS DVD-E616P to my PIONEER 106. ITs got nothing to do with speeds/media etc im sure somehow this new drive has got some kind of dirty copy protection system in it that wont let you read from a dvdr and write to a dvdr on the fly. It plays dvdrs fine by the way with windvd and power dvd. Ive tried uninstalling nero and reinstalling incase its an issue with nero but still get "CANNOT COPY THIS DISK TO A DVD" and no matter what I do I cant get it to go on the fly.

Thanks

please pm or mail me at bowlingous2003@yahoo.co.uk
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Many drives/burners require that you first set THEIR region...

Comment

• Spudzz
      • Jan 2004

hi,
      Yah i set the region to region 2.
      Ok so basically this new asus drive will not work with nero when copying on the fly between 2 dvd-rs. It works fine when copying a non protected dvd retail on the fly but as soon as i put a dvd-r in there and try going on the fly it says "CANNOT COPY THIS DISK TO A DVD" Ive tried sonic record now and intervideo dvd copy and they both work fine dvd-r to dvd-r on the fly but not nero. My old dvd rom worked fine also.

Any idea greatly appreciated as im going insane.

Thanks
      Bow

Comment

• decryptit
        • Jan 2004

Don't use on the fly to make a copy of your dvd first decrypted and then you can set it to copy on the fly.
        Total Number Of Views
        Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• Spudzz
          • Jan 2004

Hi Decrypt,
          I need to be able to out 1 dvdr in the asus dvd rom and a blank dvdr in the pioneer 106 writer and copy on the fly like I could with my old dvd rom rather than mess about with dvddecrypter
          Thanks

Comment

• decryptit
            • Jan 2004

Is the dvd encrypted
            Total Number Of Views
            Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• Spudzz
              • Jan 2004

Its got nothing to do with decryption its when I put a dvdr in the new asus drive and put a blank dvdr in the burner and go to copy on fly it wont work with nero if however i put a non encrypted retail dvd in the new drive and put a blank dvdr in the burner it works fine. I didnt have any problems 2 days ago with my old dvd rom until i put in this new asus drive im pretty sure its a nero problem.
              Thanks
              Bow

Comment

• decryptit
                • Jan 2004

It might be compatibility problem,your old drive may have supported your asus drive and now there might be a small conflict which disallows the use of on the fly copying.

What i can suggest you is that instead of using on the fly copying method use a manual file selection.
                Try to use nero express too.
                Total Number Of Views
                Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• ablindog
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Spudzz
                  Its got nothing to do with decryption its when I put a dvdr in the new asus drive and put a blank dvdr in the burner and go to copy on fly it wont work with nero if however i put a non encrypted retail dvd in the new drive and put a blank dvdr in the burner it works fine. I didnt have any problems 2 days ago with my old dvd rom until i put in this new asus drive im pretty sure its a nero problem.
                  Thanks
                  Bow
                  You say it works with non-encrypted and it doesn't with encrypted dvd.

If that IS what you meant then it does sound like a encryption problem. To copy an encrypted dvd on the fly you must have some program to decrypt it installed. It might be that whatever program(anydvd for example) you were using with your old drive needs to be associated with your new ASUS?

Just guessing here, as you haven't said what you were using to decrypt previously.

HR

Comment

• decryptit
                    • Jan 2004

Please be specific
                    As it seems it might be an encryrption problem (not all drives are the same)

or

A compatibility problem with your drives.
                    (Check again with your old drive to see if its compatible if yes ,your dvd burner might not be compatible enough with your disks)

<Encryption Method>
                    *No burner company will get in trouble
                    for trading software able to burn on the
                    fly encrypted dvd's .
                    Last edited by decryptit; 29 Jan 2004, 08:07 AM.
                    Total Number Of Views
                    Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• Spudzz
                      • Jan 2004

ok please read initial post

I recieved a new asus ASUS DVD-E616P dvd rom yesterday as my old one was playing up. Basically I need to use it for copying dvdrs on the fly which was working fine in my old one until it burned out. Anyway Ive put the new drive in in exactly the same way as my other one was in. Ive gone to copy a dvdr-dvdr on the fly and nero just says
                      "CANNOT COPY THIS DISK TO A DVD" It also does the same when I go to copy it from the new dvd to nero image recorder. But it copies original non region protected dvds perfectly ok on the fly from the new ASUS DVD-E616P to my PIONEER 106. ITs got nothing to do with speeds/media etc im sure somehow this new drive has got some kind of dirty copy protection system in it that wont let you read from a dvdr and write to a dvdr on the fly. It plays dvdrs fine by the way with windvd and power dvd. Ive tried uninstalling nero and reinstalling incase its an issue with nero but still get "CANNOT COPY THIS DISK TO A DVD" and no matter what I do I cant get it to go on the fly.

I know its nothing to do with encryption of the dvd its some sort of compatablity problem with this new asus dvd rom drive when trying to copy a dvdr from it to a blank dvdr in the pioneer 106 drive. It works fine with 2 other programs but not nero ive tried contacting nero but thats a waste of time.

If anyone has any views on this please help me out ive been ripping dvd,divx,xvid and svcds for a number of years now so its got nothing to do with using a decryption program.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎