Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 Multiple questions HELP - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple questions HELP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pixie
    • Jan 2004

Multiple questions HELP

Please bear with me, I'm new to ripping, burning, etc (rip, shred, burn, still learning the lingo and btw, shred is what I've wanted to do with my DVD after playing with it all night and today)....

I'm using XP, DVD Shrink 3.1.3 and newest Nero 5.5.10.54 downloaded today. I am so new that I don't know the difference between 'Nero' and Nero Express. Nero Express came with my drive, but it was 5.5.10.13. When people on these forums talk about using Nero - do they mean express? I don't know if my problems are because I'm using the express version or if that does not matter. Anyway, I have read so may posts and replies and discovered that I was having the same problems with 'enable burning with Nero' so I unchecked that option. Everything works great if I want to download to hard drive and then burn with InstantCD+DVD (which is software that came with my DVD burner). I tried to burn twice with Nero 5.5.10.13 last night, but each time it said that it successfully burned after about 15 minutes and nothing was on the DVD+R when it finished. So I set it to burn with Instant CD+R and it worked fine. The problem with that program is that it took over 2 hours just to read the files after I used DVD Shrink...then it burned it over night so I'm not sure exactly how long that took, but I imagine a long time. I have not tried to burn to Nero yet since I just downloaded and installed the update just awhile ago. However, I tried to Shrink and Burn Pirates of Caribbean disk 2 of extras with 'nero burning enabled', and I kept getting copy write protection I/O error messages. All I could do was disable burning wtih Nero which means I can't directly burn to my DVD RW drive. I am unhappy with this as I really wanted to do this in as few steps as possible. Also, right now my computer is simultaneously analysing the disk mentioned earlier....it is taking over an hour to do this in the preview pane. Does this seem right? I have read somethings about the newest version of DVD Shrink and the forced deep analysis etc. don't know what that means....should I skip doing an analysis before I try to backup? I would like to know if doing an analysis and taking the extra time really does make a difference in the quality of the outcome.

Sorry for all the questions, but I have tried to do all the tricks that I've read about to get rid of the copy protection error messages, and that works - but wondering why I can't burn directly to DVD with Nero since I have the latest downloads of DVD Shrink and Nero Express. Also, I have 512 RAM and 2.6 Gig processor - is this not very fast for what I want to do?

TIA!
  • decryptit
    • Jan 2004

Use Dvd decrypter to remove protection of your dvd.Since Dvd shrink works on unencrypted files you must decrypt first and then you can burn with nero.
    Nero express just makes the process of file selecting etc much easier and faster use nero burning rom to configure settings.
    Total Number Of Views
    Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• ablindog
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Nov 2003

If decryptit's good advice doesn't help.

@ pixie
      "I'm using XP, DVD Shrink 3.1.3 and newest Nero 5.5.10.54 downloaded today. "

Start by getting DVDShrink 3.1.4 Final, then Nero 6.3., then try 'enable burning with Nero' checked. That will allow DVDShrink to setup Nero for you. If that doesn't work uncheck 'enable burning with Nero' and follow ddlooping's guides available here to burn to Nero.

HR

Comment

• pixie
        • Jan 2004

ablinddog

Let me ask you this - can I find Nero 6.3 for free to download? I read on the site that you cannot upgrade from 5.x to 6.x for free. Also, I have tried to burn Once Upon A Time in Mexico twice now - and had failure. All I did was take out the last promo ads - didn't change anything else...when I reauthored. Now, it won't let me access menus or get to anything that was burned on the disk. Here I go a third time, but I'm going to use an RW.

Comment

• decryptit
          • Jan 2004

Pixie u cannot just tell me
          "I have tried to burn Once Upon A Time in Mexico twice now - and had failure."

Give me the error that nero gave you when you tried burning.You don't need to upgrade now.I assumed that you knew the problem.But since you are a little confused u have to tell exactly what u did and what errors have been displayed.

If tou have a protection error thats fine all you need to do is use dvd decrypter
          if u don't know how to use it follow a guide in this dedicated website.Decrypter is the program you have to use to get rid of the error.Nero will definetly refuse to burn with crc protection etc.

Official Decrtpter Website download decrypter from here:
          Last edited by decryptit; 29 Jan 2004, 02:06 AM.
          Total Number Of Views
          Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• pixie
            • Jan 2004

Actually Nero didn't have a prob with Once Upon A Time...

It said that it successfully burned, so I popped it into the player....it started by going straight to the menu screen but I could not get the menu activated. I believe this time it was my fault as I deleted some of the menus at the end (movie trailers) and I guess I shouldn't have...anyway, it worked the third time by doing a full copy without any reauthoring. As far as the previous post I made (the first one)....still can't do an auto burn with Nero from DVD Shrink. I just continue to shrink to hard drive and then burn with nero afterwards. If I try to do an auto burn, I get copy protection error =- I/O failure, etc message because burn with nero is enabled. I just have to leave it unchecked. It's no biggie I guess, but it would be nice to do it automatically to the DVD instead of having to save it to My Documents. Does any of this make sense? I hope I'm not rambling. Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it....

Addendum..after rereading your post, let me ask you this...

I have not used DVD Decrypter before. I have read some people post that you don't need it if you use DVD Shrink. So, what exactly are the steps I need to do:
            1) dvd decrypt
            2) dvd shrink
            3) nero express
            ??

If I decrypt first, then go to dvd shrink and check 'enable burning with nero' - do you think it will work without giving me a copy protection I/O failure message? I need to read about DVD Decrypter since I have no idea what it is or how it works. I'm assuming that you put the original DVD in the drive, run DVD Decrypt and it saves it as a file or something? There is a lot to learn, isn't there?
            Last edited by pixie; 29 Jan 2004, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• decryptit
              • Jan 2004

If you sucessfully decrypt with dvd decrypter no protection error will occur THATS the aim of dvd decrypter.

2nd DVD shrink is only a compressor not
              a decrypter,infact if u try to compress or at least analize dvd which is encrypted it will refuse to operate properly.

decrypt your dvd into vob files than use dvd shrink if u plan to compress a dual layer dvd then burn with nero burning rom.
              Total Number Of Views
              Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Normally, if you use DVD Shrink's "Re-author" mode, the menu will no longer be functional. If, however, you're willing to do a "little work", you can re-activate the menu:

Active menu after re-authoring in DVD Shrink

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

Pixie,

Many people have had numerous Nero problems burning DVD's.

Why bother with such a problematic (even on the best of installs) program from a company which demands money for program updates (calls them upgrades).

Spend an hour or so and download and learn the freeware programs DVDDecrypter (by LightningUK) v. 3.1.9.0 and IMGTools Classic v. 0.91.1. You have SPTI with your XP system so a working aspi layer is not needed (but is a slightly better results).

IMGClassic includes an easy to understand guide and there are many easy to understand 'decrypter guides.

After 'Shrinking, you close 'Shrink, then open IMGClassic and a few to several mouse clicks later, it ia all automated as IMGClassic will convert the "shrink files to an ISO image and 'decrypter will burn that image. On your system the ISO making should not take more than 8 minutes.

During 'Shrink select : Do not "still Picture" any menu items.......

If you 'Shrink correctly, you will be satisfied with the 'decrypter burns.
                  Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎