Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • decryptit
    • Jan 2004

DVD Transcoding Programs

I've tried some dvd transcoders and latley i've purchased Clone Dvd ,i've already have installed dvd X Copy and dvd shrink which one do you reccomend for hi quality dvd's.

How come dvd shrink sets the dvd to 4.5gb and not 4.7. Do dvd's have 4.7 gigs of space or its just an approximate size.

I have three divx movies 1550g /1550 /1600g will they fit on a 4.7 g dvd.
    Last edited by decryptit; 27 Jan 2004, 02:14 AM.
    Total Number Of Views
    Decryptit

The Decrypter
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I've tried some dvd transcoders and latley i've purchased Clone Dvd ,i've already have installed dvd X Copy and dvd shrink which one do you reccomend for hi quality dvd's."

DVDShrink

"How come dvd shrink sets the dvd to 4.5gb and not 4.7. Do dvd's have 4.7 gigs of space or its just an approximate size."

The actual limit for a single DVD (r, rw) is 4.37 gig (4,484 mg).

"I have three divx movies 1550g /1550 /1600g will they fit on a 4.7 g dvd."

I don't think it will go, but you could try on a (rw) disk to check–then you can format the disk if it doesn’t fit.

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Definitely DVD Shrink.

I don't think it will go, but you could try on a (rw) disk to check–then you can format the disk if it doesn’t fit.
      It probably won't even start burning if it is too big.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"It probably won't even start burning if it is too big."

Probably true.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

The consensus has been DVDShrink for compressing and 3.1.4 is a little better than 3.0 Beta 5, though Beta 5 has some features also.

As to the size limit : some standalones will play a little more than the 4,464 default setting Of 3.0 Beta 5 and 3.1.4. Some players have no problem with 10 mb more. You can change the default setting in preferences of 'Shrink if you want to by clicking on custom size and then type new size.

As to maximum size. Open 'decrypter in write mode (with blank disc in writer) and write down rhe amount of space available on disc. then put a 'Shrink back-up (4,464 mb) into reader and look @ how much content is there. Subtract the two amounts and you understand there is not much (in terms of total amount) space on a disc after 'Shrink has shrunk.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎