Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kezell
    • Jan 2004

dvd shrink + dvd copy problems!

I am using dvd shrink to back up the dvd, all work gret till I go to burn it. I open up Intervideo and go to select the VIDEO_TS file as the source and it tell be that the content is not supported. Am I using dvd shrink wrong or am I using DVD copy wrong?
    Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I open up Intervideo"

Intervideo is a software publisher. What is the name of the PROGRAM you are trying to use to burn the DVD?

You have to place ALL DVD-related files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) into a FOLDER named VIDEO_TS - and then burn...

Comment

• kezell
      • Jan 2004

I am using Intervideo DVD Copy, and the newest version of DVD Shrink.
      I put DVD in burner
      Open DVD shrink
      open disc, analyze, then back up to a dvd shrink data folder(VIDEO_TS)
      Once its done I close shrink, open up dvd copy but when I select the VIDEO_TS folder that has all the files, it tells me Content not supported!
      All the files are IFO'S, BUP'S, VOB'S in the folder.

Am I using DVD shrink wrong?

Comment

• pippocalo
        • Jan 2004

I don't know

Intervideo DVD copy,
        but if use DVDshrink it is more simple use other burning program.

I am confident with CloneDVD. You can check (before burning) with the first or second option (but without proceeding on).
        then vhen you are confident you will go to 3° option (copy from file) and burn your DVD.
        Clone DVD will advise you if there is something of wrong in your files.

It is also possible to use Nero, (i did it with success) , but it is not good named for DVD burning.

Bye

Comment

• JohnDx2
          • Jan 2004

You might also consider using DVD Decrypter in conjunction with DVD Shrink. I decrypt all files in file mode, then use DVD shrink to shrink and burn. Very easy and no coasters yet.

Comment

• kezell
            • Jan 2004

Is DVD Decrypter freeware, or where can I get it from?

Comment

• JohnDx2
              • Jan 2004

DVD Decrypter is freeware and you can download it at:
              www.dvddecrypter.com or www.doom9.org. Decrypter is , in my opinion, the very best decrypter around. I use it with DVD Shrink and I haven't had a failure yet.
              Good luck

Comment

• kezell
                • Jan 2004

I used DVD decrypter, then shink. I can watch the entire movie from the hard drive, but when I go to burn it with "DVD COPY" it says files not supported! Why is that?

Comment

• JohnDx2
                  • Jan 2004

If you decrypt the whole movie in file mode, it will select a decrypt folder by default. Open DVD Shrink, select open files then shrink the movie, I use auto compression..it will automatically burn the DVD. I use DVD Shrink 3.1.4. Leave everything on default and try again. Don't worry about watching movie from hard drive..You are going to concentrate on decryping, shrinking and burning. By the way..Do you have Nero burner?

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Jan 2004

kezell,

Don't waste your money on buying commercial software.

Download the freeware IMG Classic v. 0.91.1 from Coujo.de and if you don't have DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0, get it. If you have Xp, you will not need an aspi layer (but many report better results with Adaptec aspi layer installed, v. 4.71.2 for XP, you would need to download the winzip.com beta file extractor to unzip the aspi and you can also do a search and download "force aspi" for the non-common installation problem).

DVDdecrypter will burn the 'Shrink files after IMGClassic converts such files to an ISO image.

After installation of programs (and aspi if not using SPTI), do the 'Shrink, then close 'Shrink, then Start up IMGClassic and then a few to several mouse clicks later Classic automatically converts the image to an ISO and starts 'Decrypter to burn.

All freeware including aspi ayer and beta file extractor is a free download..
                    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• JohnDx2
                      • Jan 2004

I agree wholeheartedly with Quality's Proof. I have never purchased commercial software and never will. I would be very suprised if anything was better than Decrypter or Shrink. It takes some practice, and I use(d) +RWs so I can erase and start over.
                      Good luck

Comment

• kezell
                        • Jan 2004

I happened to download the img software last night and have made 2 dvd since then with no problem at all. But yes I am using dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, and then the img software. Thanks for all your help!
                        Kevin

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Jan 2004

Congratulations!

From all, you are, of course, very welcome.

Now show your friends how to do the dvd movie back-ups so they can save money (commercial software) and buy more dvd movies.
                          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎