Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About your DVD PLAYER? Look HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Question About your DVD PLAYER? Look HERE!

Due to many people's asking and wondering whether their DVD player can actually play the s/vcd they throw it, i hope this sticky will help.

The best burning program is NERO Burning Rom
    First, before even BURNING the disc check HERE: www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers to see if it's your hardware that has the problem. Simply enter the exact model of your DVD and see what people have to say. Also be sure to update the database with your model

Second, ALWAYS make sure to check that "create standard compliant S/VCD" is checked in Nero when burning an .mpg file - unless its an XVCD which brings me to my next point...

If you're burning a well-encoded KVCD, make sure that you then UNCHECK the standard compliance to let Nero know its exactly that - not a standard vcd.

Hope this helps
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html
  • leslied
    • Feb 2005

well my question is what if you dvd player isn't listed there at the place you said? my dvd player is a Sanyo DVW-7100 it states in manual it can play a cd-r/rw that contains audio titles or MP3 files and can not play discs that contain data other than MP3 and CD-Da data. So how would I find out for sure then before purchasing software that I will be able to play a vcd on me dvd player??

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

"my dvd player is a Sanyo DVW-7100 it states in manual it can play a cd-r/rw that contains audio titles or MP3 files and can not play discs that contain data other than MP3 and CD-Da data. So how would I find out for sure then before purchasing software that I will be able to play a vcd on me dvd player??"
      That model Sanyo will not play VCD's. Its talking about audio CD's when it says "CD-R/RW". To find out before you purchase if it will be able to play what you want it to. Write down the brand and model # of the device, go to http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php . Enter in the brand and model #, hit the search button. It should come back with some results regarding that particular model # and tell you what its capable of playing. (You can also try entering in just the model #, instead of brand and model # )

Comment

• joron2000
        joron2000
        • Jan 2006

joron2000

I burned some dvd's and my player won't play them , it just said ( can't play dic) what am I doing wrong. I have a pioneer 250 dvd player , I looked it up and it supports dvd-r & dvd+r so what do I do ....... Please help !!!!!

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

I''ve never seen one that said "can't play dic"! lmao

What brand of disc are they? What program did you use to burn them?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎