X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eron
    • Jan 2004

Pioneer 106D Defective?

Hi all..

I just purchased a pioneer 106D dvd burner drive.. First off, I must ask, what is the general consensus on the quality of this drive.. SO far I have read favorable things.

However, the main reason I am posting, is I think I have a defective drive.

I get clearly a circular watermark on my burned dvd's. and they are not 100% playable..

The watermark is pretty much EXACTLY the same on all burns..

I don't think it's the media, as it's been tested before with these drives..

There clearly should not be a water mark, right??

Thanks!
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Hi,

I've only recently posted and didn't notice your post. The forum should have already answered you.

As to the watermark?

What is'are the program(s) you are using to make the burned dvd's with? Also, what is the name of the media, what type (=R, -R, etc.) and where purchased from?

A watermark sometimes is a "trial Period" free download of burning software. Sometimes, it is a defective burner, media, etc.

Is there a money refund on the burner? Sometimes the O.E.M. is actually "line-pulls" (from H.P., Compaq, etc.).

Post and I'll try to post an answer.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• thedukehasyou
      • Feb 2004

Hi and welcome

I am new here too.

I got one of those burners as well...

My new discs all have a minuscule watermark close to the middle. That seems to be normal I guess.

I like this drive very much. IT's the fastest I have owned for CDDA extraction.

It is my main dvd burner for I own 4. I also have owned 4 other different models (6 physical units) and I sincerely like this pioneer very much.

Mine was indicated as being a A06U on the box, but reports as being 106D??? Whatever it is, I like it.

It burns fine on Princo 4X. The cheapest I have found... Very few defective media. Below 0.5% of resulting burn defective... I LIKE IT...

Will be buying an 8X as soon as the media come out cheap. It will be a Pioneer.

Regards

Duke

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

I have the 106D and no watermark burning with DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0.

I use the generic also for most of the burns, but have used TDK, Memorex, etc..

When using a top-of-the-line burner, such as a Pioneer, a person does find that by spending a little more for a burner, that they can burn more and different media with better player compliance. I have found that with a Pioneer burner that I can save a lot of money on media by choosing generic quality and the Pioneer burner forces them to be compliant. That is very good results you have with the Princo, I wouldn't change media, if I were you.

Many times a generic media (such as Princo, Ritek, etc.) suddenly becomes very standalone playable if burned in a Pioneer.

As I have posted before :

Compliant dvd movie back-ups is a formula.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎