Clear All
  • InvidWarrior
    • Jan 2004

NEC NC-1300A DVD Burner/Nero6 Error

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro, ServicePack 4
    CPU AMD Athlon 2.2Ghz 800megs DDR ram 40 Main HD/80 Sec. HD
    NEC NC-1300A (Firmware 1.8)
    Nero 6 Version 6.0.0.28

Message showing up when trying to create a data DVD only I want to just make data formats only, but it tells me in Nero: Illegal disk & Could not perform disk at once, burn failed at 2.4x
    Is this a problen with the software, drive or the blank DVD's them selves? Any help is greatly appreciated as I just started reciently to want to use the enhanced space available
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I think you'll find that firmware release is 1.08. It's up to 1.0A now but I'm not promising upgrading the firmware will help - it still does not allow mine to use Princo DVD-R.

Errors with the disk-at-once are often indicative of borderline media and is often remedied by not writing to the full capacity.

It might also be worthwhile looking to update your Nero from their website - I know early versions of 6 are buggy.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• InvidWarrior
      • Jan 2004

(I think you'll find that firmware release is 1.08. It's up to 1.0A)
      Ok this I re-checked on thx for correcting me on that.

(Errors with the disk-at-once are often indicative of borderline media and is often remedied by not writing to the full capacity.)
      I tried minus a couple files as they all are about the same size. Still same problem.

(It might also be worthwhile looking to update your Nero from their website - I know early versions of 6 are buggy.)
      OK for the upgrade should I upgrade all that is avalable for d/l ?
      I don't like dealing out for upgrades via net at this time, besides no credit card!

Also what about the Illegal disc error? I tried couple other disks and same thing... could the type of disk be the problem? It's bluish purple for the burning area and nothing printed on the inner circle(I checked 1st) is there a way to find out what type it is or go back to where I bought it from and find out from them? Thx for the info.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎