Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kagera
    • Jan 2004

Bad burning problems...

Please bare with my n00b self as I convey my problem.

I got an HP 2.4X DVD+RW drive a couple of months ago and used it to back up a lot of my files to DVD+R. I've been using Fujifilm DVD+R discs and burned them in Nero 5.5.9.14 under Windows XP SP1

Recently I've come across a problem with these DVD+Rs. When trying to browse through them using explorer or opening the files...Explorer will severely lag or freeze altogether. Trying to the open the files results in a frozen program that I have to use Task Manager to close. If I try to copy these files to the HD I get a CRC error. This would be okay if it was just one or two of them...but we're talking about 8 different DVD+Rs that all supposedly burned successfully according to Nero. I'm going to try acessing them under a different PC and see what happens maybe it's a software issue but just in case anyone know why this would happen to every burned DVD+R?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"burned them in Nero 5.5.9.14"

Any version earlier than 5.5.10.28 is problematic. You should update immediately...

Comment

• Kagera
      • Jan 2004

Well crap so all my DVDs are trash unless I can get the data off of them back to the HD...doh!

Thanks though.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

Have you tried DvdDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 (lot of associations in settings) to extract files with, or SmartRipper v. 2.41, or vstrip (supposedly the best, though learning intense)?

Lesson : Don't burn with Nero?

DVDDecrypter is a burning / ripper. On D-9's you could use IMGClassic v. 0.91.1 to convert the 'Shrink files to an Iso so 'Decrypter can burn.

When expensive D-8's become inexpensive, "Who you gonna call?"?
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Kagera
          • Jan 2004

I should mention these DVDs are data DVDs, not movie backups.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

Kagera,

Hi,

Re-read my previous post, I am showing you somethiung in first sentence "(lot of associations in settings)" = in settings then device : there are 10 (ten) different types of file associations.

Rip in all files mode with a check by each of those file associations and see what happens. You can rip bin, cue, cd's, etc..

If you use 'decrypter much and your system is running properly, you will enjoy this freeware.
            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Kagera
              • Jan 2004

I see, thanks for the help. I'm such a burning n00b so hopefully I don't screw it up.

Comment

• Kagera
                • Jan 2004

DOH...I get a UDF Return 0 error whenever DVDecrypter tries reading my DVDs...I'm guessing that's not good.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"Thanks though."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• ashy
                    • Nov 2003

I would try ISObuster first to recover your DVD. It usually works with damaged disks and has many options for recoving damaged disks. It is mostly free to use however some options require registration.
                    Recover data quickly! Recover data from CD, DVD, BD, HDD, Flash drive, USB stick, media card, SD and SSD with IsoBuster - The award winning, highly specialized and easy to use Memory card, CD, DVD, Hard Disk, SD, Compact CF, MMC, card data recovery software. IsoBuster supports all optical disc formats, Hard Drives, Memory cards, Flash disk formats and all common file-systems: NTFS, UDF, FAT etc.!

Or maybe you could try this:
                    Last edited by ashy; 3 Feb 2004, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Jan 2004

Kagera,

Have you tried ripping those files @ the slowest speed ( 2X or !X )?

The C. R. C. error can sometimes be solved by such.
                      Rig :

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎