X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

After 'Shrink is finished shrinking. Use IMG Classic , it will turn those shrink files into an ISO image and then it will start dvddecrypter automatically and burn that ISO'ed movie.

Start up Classic and click settings and then click program settings and then a new interface will then show up on screen .....If you have a Fat 32 system, check the Split images into 1 Gig chunks (most newer computers don't have Fat 32 partitions but have NTFS, so if your system is new DO NOT check that 1 Gig box even though some prefer such ,,,,,,,,,then click on box "burn with dvddecrypter" (a box is then dhecked) , then click on EXE File and then click on DVDDECRYPTER, then click on OPEN then click on the set drive letter (this letter will be the dvd writer drive letter (on most systems where the dvd writer is set as slace this will be the letter F, then click SAVE. The difficult part is now done !

Congrat.'s you shouldn't have to ever do this again.

Now on your hdd you will have to make a folder.... entitle that folder Movie_ISO, then double-click that movie and then make 2 folders : AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Use capital letters and the underline button as I have typed them for an example..

On Classic's interface there are three things you must do : the top line is Source Directory ... click the file symbol to the right of the source diredtory line.....the BROWSE FOR FOLDER screen will display. Search for where the shrunken 'Shrink movie files are. When you find them ONLY click 1 time on the TITLE (this highlights the title of the shrink movie (DO NOT OPEN FOLDER), then click OK.

Then click the output file symbol button, go through the screen(s) until you find the MOVIE_ISO file you made earlier......click on MOVIE_ISO....then click OPEN....then click on VIDEO_TS....then click OPEN...then click SAVE.....you can now change the video id or leave it be... all you do now is press IMAGE and Classic will automatically make that Iso movie image and then automatically DVDdecrypter will burn that movie.

With this system there is no dragging or dropping files, etc.

After the 1st 2 to 3 movies, it's a snap and the entire amount of your time is how long it takes you to click the mouse and type up three folders (1 folder which contains 2 folder as stated above).

The Classic download inclues a very easy to understand help guide. But, that Source Directory is what troubles most....remember only highlight the title (not the VIDEO_TS) of the shrink title and you should be alright.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• FamousMortimer
      • Feb 2004

okay am i using the program that you described? cause when i hit the settings icon this comes up:
      not exactly the options you are describing
      Attached Files

Comment

• FamousMortimer
        • Feb 2004

this is my other option:
        Attached Files

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

No problem. The attachment pictures shows you are using the RW eraser I have mentioned and not the ISO maker I mentioned.

It is the other IMG Tool , it is the Classic v. 0.91.1 which you are to use with DVDDecrypter. Cyrano and I both said that it is the Classic v. 0.91.1 to use, but Don't sweat it, it's new to you, but it's not that hard to use and besides that v. 1. is a very good RW eraser, so keep that software for future use.

So, if you didn't download the Classic v. 0.91.1 already, then do so and then give it a go, it's @ Coujo.de, do a yahoo search or use the link to get to the Classic download page, somehow.

So, do try to learn it as many of us whom have many dvd's to back-up do eventually discard the commercial softwares as they eventually fail us and then we have to learn how to use the freewares anyhow. This way, you will save $$$'s and can buy more dvd movies, and that's what it's all about.

If you have a problem, do post and we will be glad to help. Some learn how to back-up 98% of all dvd movies with this freeware in as little as 2 days (a marathon) or as long as a week or so (depending upon time constraints, hobby status, etc..
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• cyrano
            • Jan 2004

Quality's Proof said it all.
            Get the 0.91.1 version.

Persistence will pay off. It just takes time.

Good luck!
            - Mike

Comment

• FamousMortimer
              • Feb 2004

boy do i feel like a meat. i really apprieciate all your help with this and i think i am finally getting close. i have tried to follow your instructions with each painstaking step by step but i still have one little problem:
              Attached Files

Comment

• cyrano
                • Jan 2004

The last thing DVDShrink does is tell you where it placed your file. It is in a subdirectory within a directory you named when you started DVDShrink.
                You point IMGTool to the proper directory (the one you named) and it will go.
                Look very closely at the blue lettering after DVDShrunk has done its business. Write it down exactly. Go there. It will work.

Time and trial. It was difficult, at first. It took many coasters to get it right. (Until I decided to use RW's instead of R's for learning anyway. I still use RW's for checking quality now.)

Good luck
                - Mike

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

Yes, this is what I warn people of (most usually) as major problem using Classic. Here is solution : When you click button of Source Directory and then go to the movie (which 'Shrink has shrunk) and you see the title of the movie, click on the movie and then click okay (do not double click on title of shrunken movie).

That's all there is to it. Now in next step, you do have to open the movie up to the VIDEO_TS folder BUT NOT the first step (the Source Directory)

All you really do in the Source Directory step is click the 'shrunken title (it highlights title) and then press okay and then go to next step.

After you do two to three movies, it will be fun, cause you get very good video quality with freeware.......and you can show your friends.

You already have the hard part done (the installation and first path to 'decrypter, etc..

Be sure to later set Classic as a desktop item for more ease of use. I think you might make a back-up tonight.
                  Rig :

Comment

• FamousMortimer
                    • Feb 2004

i would like to take a moment and thank both of you for all your help and patience. i would also like to inform you that this morning i sucessfully burned my first dvd. you can only imagine the jubliation i felt after countless error after erorr. oddly enough though i did get the same error at the end of the first sucessful but figured what the hell and tried in my roomates dvd player anyway. and it worked!!! its smooth sailing from here on out...i hope. in conclusion this would not have been possible without your guidance and i just wanted to thank you.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Jan 2004

Congratulations.

You are welcome. If you have another problem, post and we will try to help. I have said it before, compliant dvd movie back-ups is a formula......that DVDDecrypter burning works very good.

Now, do tell your friends and show them how really easy it is. This will be especially easy for you as you will be there in person, on the phone, etc.. The $$$'s they save can be spent on more dvd movies.
                      Rig :

Comment

Working...