• Show
Clear All
  • weavy
    • Jan 2004

Glitches

Hi there guys im new here so plz b patient
    there may already be a thread somewere but i couldnt c one
    im using dvd decriptor and dvd shrink along with nero 6++

everything seems to be going fine but the dvd's im burnning and playing in my home Dvd player im having GLITCHES

can some one plz help me on why this is and how to be able to sort it out

ty
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Who do mean by glitches. Any problems in playback is usually a media problem. What discs are you using?

Also make sure you are using a late v6 of Nero. Early versions of 6 were not very good. I use 6.3.0.2.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

weavy,

Explain the specifics of "glitches". Is problem with standalone, etc.? Are you using correct media? Does your standalone support the media you are burning (if any). Dvddecrypter can burn dvd's also and many people prefer to burn with 'decrypter. Sometimes, burning with 'decrypter solves a problem.

Since you already have DVDDecrypter, download IMG Classic v. 0.91.1 (a freeware) and use Classic to burn compressed "shrink movies with. Very easy to use and includes easy to use guide in download.

If you are having a 'Shrink problem visit dvdshrink.info (by ddlooping) to view soime easy to understand 'Shrink guides.
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• cyrano
        • Jan 2004

I can confirm Quality's Proof's ascertions.

Until I found IMG's Classic 0.91.1 version I was unable to produce a "glitch" free backup. I was using the newest IMGtool version but my nero (required!) wasn't working well with it.

Using DVDShrink 3.1.4 and IMGtool's 0.91.1 and DVDDecrypter (in that order) I have no problems.
        Ahhh, yet.
        And IMG will bring up DVDdecrypter to burn automatically. (after you first start it with the proper info.)

Good luck.
        - Mike

Comment

• weavy
          • Jan 2004

Ty 4 your replys guys
          im Using Nero 6,0,0,28 Dvd shrink 3.1 and decryptor 3.1.9.0
          media ive found that does work in my burnner wich is an LG 4040B. the media is TDK+ and Ricoh +

i was talking to a friend last night and he was saying it could be the copy right in the dvds im copying.
          so ive put Dvd Ghost onto my computer as its suppose to fool the info in the disc your copying in not copy righted.
          im not shure if this is correct or not

but i am a virgin at all off this but by ready some stuff on these boards has helped me out a great deal

Comment

• weavy
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Quality's Proof
            weavy,

Dvddecrypter can burn dvd's also and many people prefer to burn with 'decrypter. Sometimes, burning with 'decrypter solves a problem.

were can i find IMG Classic v. 0.91.1 so i can try this out

so if i understan corectly by downloading this IMG thing
            decryptor will b able to burn discs aswell.

ive have seen this somewere b4 but i thought it was another verson of decryptor that i hadnt come across

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Decrypter can burn discs as long as they are below 4.38GB (same as single layer DVD's which doesn't need compressing).

The disc is copied to the hard disc as a ISO image file which is then used to burn the disc in Decrypter (in ISO mode).

Imgtool Classic just turns a set of files to a ISO image. So make the files using Shrink then use the software to make the ISO. It will then automatically loads Decrypter (set in preferences) and start burning.

Imgtool classic -

http://www.coujo.de/ib/index.php?act..._name=download

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

weavy,

On a D-5 you won't need 'Shrink as 'Decrypter will rip the D-5 into an Iso image and then you can burn the Iso image with 'Decrypter.

On a large movie that has to be re-authored or compressed, you can use 'Shrink to make the files and the the IMG Classic will turn the 'Shrink movie files into an Iso (about 8 - 10 minutes on a modest rig) image and then IMG Classic will start 'Decrypter to burning that movie and soon you have disc burned very good.

You can get a little better quality by downloading an aspi layer or using SPTI setting in NT, 2000, or XP systems.
                Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• weavy
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Quality's Proof
                  weavy,

On a D-5

Im sorry Quality's Proof im a bit thick ere what is a D5.

looks like ive got a lot off work ahead of me
                  im downloading IMGtool's at the moment.
                  so this will let decryptor burn then as i cant see anything on decryptor for burning.

as ive said b4 im a Virgin at this but these boards and the info ive read and recieving is helping me along slowley
                  thanks guys

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Jan 2004

weavy,

Hi,

Glad you are fighting the good fight, too.

A D-5 is a dvd movie that is called a single layer disc. This is usually up to a 2 hr and 18 min. movie on the older dvd movies and on the cheaper Warner Brothers, etc.. However there are some shorter length movies that are on a D-9 usually up to 3 + hrs. movie capability.

When you open DVDDecrypter there is a scroll down feature @ the right of the interface which will show the disc as 1 layer or 2 layers. In DVDShrink such identification is most usually shown as less than 4,464 mb.

Most dvd movies are D-5's.

If dvddecrypter says the movie is 1 layer, no need for'Shrink, all to do is rip the movie in ISO mode and then write that ISO image in ISO MODE WRITE. There are many easy to understand dvddecrypter guides on the 'net and @ the official website.

There is also very easy to understand guides for using DVDShrink @ dvdshrink.info (by ddlooping). IMG Classic download contains a very easy to understand guide, very easy to understand.

Also go to mrbass.org for a dvdshrink guide. The autoshrinkIso, though works goodfor some does not the system well if you have some other software installed (divX, bao, etc.).

All you have to do is 'shrink, start Classic. click the mouse a few to several times and Classic takes the 'Shrinked movie and turns it into an Iso image and then automatically burns that iso with dvddecrypter.

Last post for now, gotta' rest. Read the guides, ddlooping and coujo.de's guides are very easy to understand. Post after you try the programs and practice before you burn. Any problem post and forum will help.
                    Rig :

Comment

• peterdm
                      • Dec 2004

If you're having many glitches, try lowering the burn speed.
                      Burning a DVD at 8x consumes a substantial amount of I/O bandwidth (11 MB/s). For instance a screen saver kicking in can already mess up the burn.
                      All the DVD burning formats (DVD+R/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW) can 'cope' with buffer underruns in the sense that your disc won't render your disc completely useless, but it yet may contain glitches as a result.

Peter

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

To peterdm

I was just wondering if you realize that you were posting to a thread that was last posted to almost a year ago?

Comment

• cynthia
                          Super Moderatress
                          • Jan 2004

He broke my record...

Comment

• charlypuss
                            • Nov 2004

I nearly got caught out as well....
                            If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

• sfheath
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Sep 2003

Well, while we're all here, fancy a party?
                              This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎