X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swesse
    • Feb 2004

Advanced Nec 1300A probs...

Hi... newbie to this forum so be nice

My problem is strange, the drive is completely new and I have burned 40- 50 disc's this week.
    Yesterday everything fcked up... no disc would burn, various problems occured and the drive simplys just stopped in the middle of the process. between 1-99% completed, using DVDDecrypter.

I tried to flash my firmware, I've tried most of them, it didn't work.
    So i settled to Reformat... hate it..

Now i can burn.. but only in 1.4-1,6x awfully slowly.. and what bothers me isn't the speed, but more that the drivers own buffer just cant peak, the buffer runs up and down all the time, as if it were'nt used or was very very small.

Plz someone.. anyone.. whats this problem?

English gramma.... swedish ppl, what do we know...
  • Crusty
    • Feb 2004

I've been wondering about this as well. I have an NEC 1000a I flashed the firmware to 1300 type.. then I got to thinking about burning at 4X on a machine with a laser diode ok for 2.4x ... I know over-driving a laser diode drastically shortens it's lifetime. Maybe NEC hasn't really looked at worst case conditions when it speced the diode for that drive. Media that takes a lot of power to write to may have pushed their power calibration to an unsafe level. If so, the damage is permanent and might show up as requiring a much slower write speed.

If the drive is still under warranty, you should return it for repair or replacement, otherwise it may be time to get a new one.

Comment

• swesse
      • Feb 2004

update..

hmm... reformating and driver upgrades...
      After reformatting it worked to just burn. but the buffer was unning up and down the scale.

Using an Nforce 2 mobo made change IDE drivers, THAT WORKED!!
      The buffer is now full and the write speed has increased, the strange thing is that the DVD-rom seems to demanding for the ide-bus and messing with it. So after a while there is some initiation error's.

Weird problem...

Comment

• Crusty
        • Feb 2004

That is a weird problem! It sounds like the DVD drive had it's internal cache buffer made smaller, somehow.

I know there has been some concern the ND-1300 firmware hacks may not have proper calibration tables in them.

Etna is still working on getting them right. I think he said he thought the tables might be unique to each drive though, so he is hoping to find out how the tables are created.

Comment

• swesse
          • Feb 2004

Dont whant to be rude..

But that is not what this post was for. This was for a original 1300.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎