Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSI initialization error on external DVD burner (with Nero)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedukehasyou
    • Feb 2004

SCSI initialization error on external DVD burner (with Nero)

Hi y'all

Anyone of you got around the problem where Nero reports a SCSI initialization error.

This happens to me with every and any of my burner when I install them into an external bay plugged into a USB 2.0 ports.

Works fine with a CDRW/DVD combo drive, but not with a DVDRW.

I have Winxp uptodate. Either a NEC 1300a or a Pioneer 106D (A06U). It did the same with my LG a while ago (sold that drive do). My Nero version is 6.3.0.2. AMD 2500+, 512 DDR 400, Asus A7V8X. I tried with the WinXP USB 2.0 driver and with the driver that came with the external drawer...

I even tried to buy a USB 2.0 PCI card to try. Same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Have you opened device manager and gone through that long chain of devices looking for the yellow (trouble) symbols?
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• thedukehasyou
      • Feb 2004

well...

the device reports fine in device manager, no yellow mark.

This is a nero message, not a windows one.

When I move the device into the box, works fine. When I put it back into the usb 2.0 bay, nero says that and I can't burn.

Is there anywhere else I can look?

Regards

Duke

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

When you go through tha long list, Click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers box and then click on the USB Root Hub Boxes and then open them up (double click) and determine if that USB is enabled and working properly......you can also click on the update driver or rollback driver to see if that helps.

Unless it is a problem with Nero, then there is a conflict/setting problem.

Have you tried to burn with another burning software> You could try downloading DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 and try the "Rebuild SCSI/Atapi map" and then see if Nero will burn. 'Decrypter has a drive (ripping/burning) selector on the interface....you could see if 'decrypter recognizes the USB drive. if it does, then 'twould seem Nero's fault.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• thedukehasyou
          • Feb 2004

Dear Quality's Proof.

Thanks for the hint. I will try and get back to you.

I know Nero sees it like a burner, I can rip and everything... But will definetly try your sugg...

Regards.

Duke

Comment

• miensoccer
            • Apr 2004

it happen same to me. but I use internal DVD burner

SCSI/IDE command abort with I try to burn some thing from HD
            even erase dvd + RW, I can't let me do also
            how can I fit or change it

please help

Comment

Working...