X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goodshepherd
    • Feb 2004

Need Help burning mpeg video to CD with Nero 6

I have Nero 6

i have a mpeg video file that i would like to burn to a cd.

I have burned many cdrs and cannot get them to play on my set top dvd player, below is the entire step by step process i have used with nero 6 trying to make a vcd:

i have a file that is in mpeg format at least thats what windows says when i put the cursor over the file "mpeg video" i start nero express >click video cd>drag & drop the file to the box where it says to add files you want to burn, in this case "ny1971-02-23.mpg" under track length it is 32:20, size 352x240>load cdr manually because nero does not seem to have a button to load disc into cdrw drive>click next>next page has a message at top click 'burn' to start recording process and below it just has a bit of info about my cdrw drive.

disc name has NEW by default, writing speed, number of copies>i click burn>everything seems to burn just like an audio disc, it has a progress box 10%..18% etc and above that there's a box with info: the time & preparing items, caching of files started, caching of files completed, burn process started at 4x (using cd-rw disc that's why the 4x speed, already wasted many blank cdrs trying to figure this out)

"yes the cdrs i burned before don't play in my set top dvd player either"

the use read buffer level fluctuates betw. 99 &100% and the buffer level betw. 96 -97% ( i don't think any of this matters just giving you all the info in case my newbie vcd burning butt misses something) when its at 100% complete a window comes up and says complete then i click next and says what do you want to do now ? save, burn again etc. and the disc pops out of the drive..finally done. (i wrote this as i was attempting to burn this video so i could give as much info as possible to help)

Now the problem: I pop in the disc to my set top dvd player and every time the same thing happens all i get is the file name on the screen 1. ny1971-02-23 with a long white line above and below and Created with Nero below the bottom long white line...that is it no video plays, when i press display i get all 00:00:00.

I have had a vcd sent to me a few weeks ago and it played perfect in the set top dvd player, so i think i am missing something during the nero 6 burning process.

i have not changed any of the default settings in nero.

_Any Idea what I Might Be Doing Wrong ?

I have searched all over the web dvdr help page, tutorials, vcd help forums, stg forums, with no solution.

Please help.

• decryptit
    • Jan 2004

what have you set on nero.
    Total Number Of Views
    Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• mebiu
      • May 2004

well that's easy just unmark "activate VCD Menu" at the first screen.

Comment

Working...