Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidra
    • Jan 2004

video sequence header/pal-ntsc

I've done some searches on these topics, but not found what I needed. I've gotten some video clips (from Kazaa) that I'm trying to author. Some come on board withe no video sequence header. Is there no way to fix this without buying TMPGEnc? I just bought Author with the AC3 plugin and my wife isn't going to understand another purchase, since the computer also came with Sonic and Videowave (both of which suck). Several also are PAL....got the entire dvd ready to burn and then got an error message about some of the files being PAL. Again, any easy way to convert them?
  • ashy
    • Nov 2003

To add the sequence headers you can use 'MPEG sequence maker' http://www.vcdhelp.com/MPEGSequenceMakerv02.zip for MPEG1.

Or the better way if it's an MPEG1/2 file then you can use TMPG, but you need to use the Merge&Cut tool to add the headers. For MPEG2 just set the stream type to 'MPEG2 program (VBR)' if it doesn't do it automatically.

You don't need to buy TMPG to do this. TMPGenc is free, TMPGenc Plus is not, and will do the above no problem.

You can find info how to add the headers here:

As for conversion from PAL to NTSC there is no easy solution, however it is possible.
    Why not just encode and burn it as PAL? Your DVD player will most likely play it anyway.
    If what you are saying is that you are mixing NTSC and PAL then you will have no alternative but to convert.

You will find the info you need to do this correctly in the TMPG BBS.
    Last edited by ashy; 15 Feb 2004, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• davidra
      • Jan 2004

Excellent....thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍