Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I burn VCD’s and play them on my home DVD player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DigiMark
    • Feb 2004

How do I burn VCD’s and play them on my home DVD player?

I’m shooting digital movies, editing them with “Movie Shaker” from my Sony Vaio lap top, and saving them as MPG1 files that I burn to a CD. My JVC XV-F80 DVD player say’s it plays VCD’s but the TV screen say’s “MP3 CONTROL, Group / “ and plays nothing.
    Any ideas? Mark
  • decryptit
    • Jan 2004

use tmgenc and see what happens.
    Total Number Of Views
    Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• GRDODD
      • Mar 2004

your DVD player has to be capable of reading the VCD format. Most newer DVD players will read it. CAUTION: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST some recent DVD players not only do not support the VCD format, but if you EVER try to run a VCD in them, it alters the decoding software. Wal Mart at one time sold a DVD player like this. Read the instructions, and if it says "do not insert vcd, then DON"T!!

Comment

• decryptit
        • Jan 2004

I’m shooting digital movies, editing them with “Movie Shaker” from my Sony Vaio lap top, and saving them as MPG1 files that I burn to a CD. My JVC XV-F80 DVD player say’s it plays VCD’s but the TV screen say’s “MP3 CONTROL, Group / “ and plays nothing.

It seems it can play vcd's.Perhaps there is something wrong regarding mp3.
        Total Number Of Views
        Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• GRDODD
          • Mar 2004

if the editing software you are supporting outputs vcd's then it will be capable of employing the correct file formats. VCD's unlike normal avi employ several folders and sub folders burned onto the vcd in the creation process. Its not quite as easy as saving a single file. The software should burn them correctly once it is configured correctly

Comment

• decryptit
            • Jan 2004

What player are you using for playback.
            Total Number Of Views
            Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢