X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nobodydies
    • Feb 2004

P A U S E S Between Dvd Titles

Hello to everyone from Nobody.

Great site with very INTERESTING things.....

Straight to the point:

The last 2 weeks I bought one dvd writer stand-alone and I begun to record all of my favorite serials, movies etc. like I use to do with my old good VCR...

Unfortunately I had recorded comercials too, but that was no problem for me at this time because I used dvd+rw discs and I was able to cut them off.

The problem is that the new dvd-r or dvd+r that I reproduce from my computer this time (using of course the dvd+rw from the stand-alone as prototype) has an excellent quality, no commercials at all, BUT IT HAS A LITTLE PAUSE (half of a second or so) BETWEEN THE TITLES created by DVD Shrink 3.1.5

I find DVD Shrink 3.1.5 a fantastic tool because of the simpicity and the speed that it has and I have tried until now the following software with the same problems :

1. Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2*
    perfect quality, menus with music, very slow, gaps between titles.

2. Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 (Demo Version)**
    perfect quality, animated menus with music,very slow, gaps between titles.

3. Magix Video DeLuxe 2003-2004***
    Many menus, many things, BUT extreeeeeeme slow, loss of quality, synchronization problem sound/video and pauses between titles.

4. NeroVision Express 2 ****
    This one I´ve got with my dvd recorder.
    Many menus, many things, BUT loss of quality, and pauses between titles.

5. Dvd Shrink (last version)
    Fast as a bullet, no loss in quality, BUT IT PAUSES BETWEEN TITLES.

PLEASE HELP ALL I WANT TO DO IS GET RID OF THEESE ANNOYING PAUSES BETWEEN TITLES....

PS*
    PS**
    PS***
    PS**** This is of course my personal opinion for the above programms.
    If someone knows something for the aboves that helps then HELP!
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

You can't get rid of them. They are seperate titles so the player has to load the next one.

DVD2One 1.40 can merge more than one title into one title. It might not work with your custom made programs.

Comment

• Nobodydies
      • Feb 2004

Dear nwg,

Thank you for your response

There must be a way out of this.

You have also mentined DVD2One 1.40 .What do you mean by saying that it might not work with my custom made programs?

If you know something more plz help!!!

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

You have used a TV DVD Recorder to make the programmes. Some programs play up on DVD recorder files. Shrink used to fail on reading Philips DVD Recorder discs.

What recorder have you got? I have a Panasonic one and have to use TMPGEnc DVD Author to create the VOB files. Even this program will pause between titles. It will also pause slightly when taking out video.

If the DVD player has a DVD ROM drive then the pause time might be minimised.

Comment

• Nobodydies
          • Feb 2004

I use a DENVER - DVR-100 and it I am very happy with its quality.

I am very surprised that you have the same problem, I thoutht that I was mading something wrong.
          Anyway do you know if there is a way to reconstract the Dvd and make the titles look like capitels so that we can avoid these gaps???

Thank you for your help...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎