Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.1.5. creating pause ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nobodydies
    • Feb 2004

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.1.5. creating pause ??

I have mentioned this again and in other forums and until today I haven´t find the solution for this problem, so I decided to spend more time and write a step by step guide for the things I have made until now with the following software: a) DVD Decrypter , and b) DVD Shrink 3.1.5.

1. I use my stand alone Dvd recorder to record a movie from TV. ( I have the DVD settings in SP, that means near 120 min in a blanc DVD)

2. After the and of my recording I take the DVD RW from the Dvd recorder, and I put it in my computer´s Dvd drive.

3. I create a new file I call "MOVIE WITH SPOTS" and 2 more files in it, the "AUDIO_TS" file, and the "VIDEO_TS" file.

4. I start DVD Decrypter ( because I want to move the movie files in my hard disc where I want to modify them, and get rid the commercials breaks ) .I select als Source my computer´s Dvd drive, and as destination the C:\MOVIE WITH SPOTS\VIDEO_TS

5. In DVD Decrypter main screen, I choose MODE > FILE and then again on main screen I choose EDIT > SELECT ALL (well not all because the first file is not acceptable, like it is not exists- by the way what is this??- It is NOT EVEN recognised from windows like it is not exists) ,and then again on main screen FILE > DECRYPT. After that, Decrypter starts.

6. When the transfer ends, I close DVD Decrypter, and I open DVD Shrink 3.1.5.

7. In DVD Shrink main screen, I choose Re-author, and then

8. I select als the "title 1"(that is the only title for the time) from the main movie file from C:\MOVIE WITH SPOTS\VIDEO_TS, and I pass this in the left side of the screen in the "DVD structure" area.

9. Now I want to get rid off the TV commercials, so I have to work my title with "set Start/End frames". When I finished with the first commercial break, I replay the step 8 so many times as the commercial breaks are -usually 3 maximal 4 times- and when I´m done with it.....

10. I make one left click on the DVD folder under the text "DVD Structure", and in the right side of the screen I choose "Compression Settings". I do not want any compression so I change the >VIDEO from AUTOMATIC into NO COMPRESSION.

11.Finally, I am pressing the "Backup!" button and I choose my dvdr drive as the record device and I am waiting approximately 6 minutes for the Encoding, and 13 minutes for the dvd recording.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    000000. When I play the new DVD that I make and it reaches the point where the commercials were, it freezes the screen for 1/2 second and then continues to play until the next point of where the commercials were. Another strange thing happening is with the skip buttons of my Dvd. It can goes front, but it can never goes back ( !! ).
    These symptoms are happening in other devices as well. Untill today I had experienced the same problems in 5 different stand-alone dvd devices, and 3 computer dvd and dvdr drives.

Does anyone knows why is this problem occurs ?
    Does anybody knows other paths to follow but with better results ??

Thank you all for your time..............
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

For a more meaningful response, post your question in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum(s) here...

(You should also search that area for identical questions already answered)

Comment

• Nobodydies
      • Feb 2004

DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum(s) ??????
      Never heard it... but I will look and I will try there too!
      Thank you for your notice !!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thank you for your notice !!"

My pleasure ;>}

Go to:

Comment

• Nobodydies
          • Feb 2004

My -problem has found a +solution. They now married +-

Thank you anyway....

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"My -problem has found a +solution. They now married +-
            Thank you anyway...."

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

Comment

• TheresaM
              • Nov 2009

I am having the same problem, when I re-author a dvd to cut out scenes I don't want, or language, there's a pause. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

Please see this post by admin and rule 19. I am very sorry, but we can't help you.

Thanks very much for understanding.

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎