Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acid4575
    • Feb 2004

Captureing a live MPEG2 format feed

i need some help, i'm trying to capture a live video feed but nothing has worked, so i e-mailed the company of my capture card, they said....

Since the video that comes out of the Maui board is in MPEG2 format, you won't be able to directly record live TV in AVI format. However, you can try a work around if your requirement is just to capture TV in AVI format; Capture live TV in Mpeg2 format first and then convert it to AVI format.

they gave me a link to download this one software called Movie Mill, that had no options, so i asked one my friends to help me look for a software(with some options) that can capture the MPEG2 formated single that comes from the board but no luck yet, so i figured you guys could help me find something that is a little better then Movie Mill please.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by acid4575; 24 Feb 2004, 07:08 AM.
  • Kurt S
    • Jan 2004

Why do you want to capture in AVI format?

Comment

• acid4575
      • Feb 2004

well, i don't know... most of the software my friends use capture in avi format, but i guess mpeg is good too but i need a software with some option

Comment

• Kurt S
        • Jan 2004

MPEG is a great format, no need to go with AVI. You say you need software with some option. What options are you looking for?

it might also help to know what you are going to do with the video. Are you trying to create DVD's, VCD's SVCD's, etc?

Comment

• acid4575
          • Feb 2004

well, i wanted something like Virtual VCR or something like this software: http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/index.html , as for options....
          (for the Video)...
          frame size selecction option
          codec selection option
          Frame rate section option
          Quality selection bar option

(for the Audio)...
          Format selecction option
          Codec selecction option
          Sample Rate selecction option

that's is about it, but the problem with my capture card is that the live feed comes in a MPEG2 format throught the board, not an AVI format so software like Virtual VCR and VirtualDub won't work

Comment

• RNCSerge
            • Jul 2003

Maybe you meant capturing MPEG-2 digital TV stream. If that's so, use a digital tuner card.

Comment

• acid4575
              • Feb 2004

i see, if i have to buy it, then i might as well buy another card that gets an AVI formated single from the internal board to the software, i talked to one of the Ops in an irc channel and he said he uses a card called: ATI TV Wonder PCI or something like that... right now i wish i had one of those, he also uses the software Virtual VCR

Comment

Working...