Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RacerX
    • Feb 2002

Merging audio/video while mp3 encoding

This is my first attempt at ripping a DVD. It was going pretty smooth until it came time to merge audio/video tracks. I used PX3 to convert the ac3 audio track to wave. After that completed I still had to add the file extension .wav manually for VirtualDub to find it. The following is my set-up using VirtualDub:
    Open video file- choose wave audio- full processing mode
    Under video menu I selected direct stream copy
    Convert audio to 44100hz
    Compression- MPEG Layer-3 128 kBits/44,100hz stereo
    Then I save with my new file name. Here I expect the process to begin but instead I get this VirtualDub Error Message:
    ERROR INITIALIZING AUDIO STREAM COMPRESSION
    I attempted it more than a few times to be sure I followed steps.
    Can anyone help please? I'm on the edge of my first one dammit =) thx
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) have you first played the WAV file you created, to make certain that it works?

2) "Open video file- choose wave audio- full processing mode"
    Did you load the WAV file into VDub?

All of the other steps that you've indicated are appropriate and should yield a properly merged .AVI...

Comment

• RacerX
      • Feb 2002

The wave works. I played it in winamp along side the avi. And when I select wave audio in VirtualDub it pretty much tells me to select my wave file. I thought this would load it for me. I tried again, but received the same error message =(
      Thanks for the response setarip, I guess I'll keep at it. Maybe start the whole process over again using other apps.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My apologies for having overlooked one (perhaps THE MOST) crucial thing in your initial post.

When you are about to load in the (silent) video file, FIRST change "Audio" to "No audio". After you've loaded the video file, THEN change "Audio" to "WAV audio" and load your .WAV file!

Again, my apologies - Do let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎