X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tartdog
    • Nov 2002

Advice please

Hi,
    I have a movie on my hard drive,g spot tells me it is a RealMedia file and I can get it to play back in Real Player,what do I need to do to get it into dvd-r,I have tried to load it into TMPGEnc and DVDShrink,Nero but am getting nowhere,be grateful if someone could advice me how to deal with it,thanks in advance,Tartdog.
  • windtrader
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2002

If you want to do is copy the RealMedia file to a DVD-R, then use Nero since you have it and add the file to the dvd file list on the left. The compliation type should be DVD-ROM (ISO). FILE/Compilation Properties will show you the type.

You can also use Nero Express and select data as the type of disc being burned. Do not try to burn it as a DVD-Video since the RealMedia file format is not a DVD type of file.

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

You can get .rm to DVD disc as a data file...but it'll only play on your PC. To make .RM into a DVD that'll play on a stand-alone DVD player you need to convert it . TINRA is freeware found in the download area...which will convert Real files to, I believe, AVI...which needs to be converted to MPEG2 (a number of programs will do this...none of them free...TMPGenc is one.) In fact, if you install the Matroshka Full package, TMPGenc Plus will convert your .RM file directly into MPEG2. Then you'll want to author that MPEG2 file using an authoring program (ie.TMPGenc DVD Author) and burn to disc using a burning program. There are a lot of different ways of doing any of these steps...and commercial storyboard editors which will perform all of the steps mentioned...and though they might be expensive...the combined cost of all the other programs needed to perform the tasks is less overall. There are also freeware solutions available...but some might be confusing for a newbie.

Comment

• Tartdog
        • Nov 2002

rsquirell

Hi,
        Thanks for your replies,Im ok with converting avi to mpeg2 using TMPGEnc then TMPGEnc Auuthor then burn with Nero,am I correct in saying I first need to convert it from what it is into an AVI first.I have searched for info on the Matroshka item ?? but can't find anything? Tartdog.

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

Forgive my spelling....that's Matroska Pack Full...a google search will turn it up...HJChristian is one of the developers...and he sometimes monitors the general forum. Oh...and if you are XP or Win2k TMPGenc DVD Author will also burn...so you won't need Nero.
          Last edited by rsquirell; 17 Mar 2004, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
            matroska project member
            • May 2003

1.0.2 should be released today or tomorrow ......
            Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Now that's what I call service...from the developer, himself.

Comment

Working...