X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyma
    • Feb 2004

Problems encoding with Flask Mpeg

Hi

I am abeginer with this program and, of course I have not expirience working with it., but I have found a problem encoding several files.
    For your information letr me say that I have installed Flaskmpeg 0.6 and in the same directory are the plugins: amd.idct.flask, aviout.cm.flask, css.mism.flask, idctmodule.idct.flask, mpeg.cm.flask, null.mism.flask,admlavioutput.cm.flask, sse2.idct.flask and thunder.mism.
    In my computer I have installed the DivX 5.0 Pro Codec and Radium MP3 Codec.
    I have decrypted the DVD with DVD Decrypter V. 3.2.0.0.
    Following the instructions of the nickyguide “DVD to DivX with Flask Mpeg”, I open the file, in my case named VTS_02_0.IFO that includes VTS_02_0 to 06.VOB files and select the first file presented by Flask Mpeg Selector with a duration of 2Hr. 10 mins. and Spanish as Audio track without DVD subtitles.
    In General Options, and Video I only modify checking Deinterlace video and putting Threesold to 2. In Audio tab I put “Decode audio” and 48.000 Hz. In Postprocessing Tab I click “HQ Bicubic Filtering”, checking “No letterboxing” and “Keep aspect ratio”. In General Tab, I check “Compiled whole file”. All other parameters will be set to default settings.
    In Output Format Options I select Codec DviX 5.02 Pro with 2 pass configuration and encoding Bit Rate of 738 Kbps. The interval frames interval is set at 100. The rest of the settings are by default ones in both passes.
    In Audio codec I select PCM system at 48.000Hz 16 bits Stereo 187 Kbs.
    I press Flak it¡ and the codification begins. After 5 hours I have obtain an avi file of about 2Gb but my problem is that I can not open it with Win DVD player. If I open it in Windows Media Player a message appears “The player has found a unknown error”. With DivX Player another message “ Read Input Filter () Failed to read 8. This file can not be opened”
    Can you help me to solve this problem?
    Thanks a lot and my best regards.

eymajai
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

God, your behind the times are'nt you ?? flask mpeg <ins><b>AND</b></ins> DivX Pro 5.0. The earliest version you should really have is 5.0.5 because it has multi pass. And flask mpeg well....lets just say that it aint the best of encoders, and if you feel like slagging me off for saying this then anyone on this forum will tell you the same thing. Have you not noticed that the size of the job seems huge, about 3gb. You might as well copy the DVD, why not go with something simple like DVDx 2.2 (i use it) don't mean to be patronising just trying to make thing's more easier for you that's all.

P.S sorry i could'nt help anyway.
    Computer Fanatic

Comment

Working...