Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • louv68
    • Feb 2004

Combining VObs and Audio Stream Problems

I'm having a problem with not getting any sound from certain clips when I combine VOBs.
    The only way I can get sound is if I change the Audio Setting on my player while the
    "compilation" is playing which is a hassle.

The weird thing is that I made sure to only extract one audio stream using DVDShrink. That
    stream being 5.1 Dolby I did this to ensure compatibility when the VOBs where combined.
    I only get this problem when I combine VOBs to play seamlessly. If I combine clips solely with
    DVDShrink, I obviously won't get seamless playback but I also won't get the audio problem.

I think I know what the problem may be, but I don't know how to fix it. All the movie parts that
    I've copied have 5.1 Dolby as the audio stream on the DVD. The clips I'm having trouble with are
    off of Pearl Harbor which has the DTS audio stream as the first audio stream followed by the 5.1 Dolby
    audio stream. I only chose the 5.1 stream, not both so what is causing the problem when I combine
    the VOBs? There must be a way for me to fix this using IFOedit but there aren't any detailed guides
    on this software.

If you know how to fix this problem please let me know.

Thanks,
    -LouV68

PS Are there any comprehensive guides on how to use VOBedit
    and IFOedit out there? The only ones I've been able to find
    are specific on how to do certain things.
    Last edited by louv68; 19 Mar 2004, 02:16 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Many times, when you create clips from .VOBs, the audio header for that clip becomes "less than perfect" and, therefore, unacceptable to most authoring programs.

To correct this, use "AC3Fix" on the audiostreams...

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• louv68
      • Feb 2004

"To correct this, use "AC3Fix" on the audiostreams..."

On what software do I find this? Can I do this after I've joined the files are do I have to do this for each separate raw VOB?

Thanks setarip

This is a response I got on another forum and I was wondering what you thought since you seem to be the man with the knowledge around here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you copy a DVD with DVD Shrink,DVD Shrink compresses the vob files but it simply copies the ifo files which control playback on a DVD player. This results in the DVD trying to play the now non-existant DTS track because it's the first track.
      Last edited by louv68; 19 Mar 2004, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"AC3Fix" is the name of the software.

Go here:

Or do a simple Googlesearch to find it elsewhere...
        Last edited by setarip; 19 Mar 2004, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• louv68
          • Feb 2004

I downloaded AC3FixGUI 'cause I'm not well versed in command line programs.

Do I just open up the VOB's directly? Individually or as a set of VOB's?

Sorry to keep bugging you. I'm just at my wits end with this.

Comment

• tururu
            • Mar 2004

make sure you have "Logical remapping of enabled streams" checked in DVD Shrink Output Files preferences

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎