Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pot Noodle
    • Mar 2004

Pinnacle Studio 8?

If I change a .VOB to MPEG and insert it into PS8 there will be video but no sound. How do I get the sound to play as well as the video without adding the sound my self?
  • dunc4n
    • Mar 2004

the reason there is no sound on it is because you have changed it to an MPEG. the VOB files are about 0.99MB (approx. 1GB). the reason for that is because it has the sound koined in with it as a VOB but if you change it the sound stays as a VOB file in the MPEG file so it doesn't play. If i were you i would leave the file as a VOB file not MPEG

Comment

• Pot Noodle
      • Mar 2004

I would but Pinnacle Studio don't accept .VOB files .

Comment

• dunc4n
        • Mar 2004

get a different software then

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

MPEG2s made from VOB's have sound...if you make them right. In TMPGenc Plus go to "file">>MPEG TOOLS>>Demultiplex and insert the VOB in the source window. Doubleclick and save the video stream (an M2V) and doubleclick and save the audio stream....then go to "file">>MPEG TOOLS>>Simple Multiplex...select MPEG2 Program VBR....select the M2V in the video source window and the saved audio stream in the audio source window and hit "Run"...Voila...an MPEG2 that works.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Further to the suggestion by "rsquirell", you may discover that if the auiostream is in .AC3 format, you'll have to use a program called "AC3FIX" to modify the audiostream so that it is acceptable for multiplexing and subsequent input into Pinnacle (or ANY DVD Authoring program)...

Comment

• Pot Noodle
              • Mar 2004

Thanks for that. Still no audio though.. not even in any of my software that can play mpegs.

EDIT: Ok say saw what you put about the AC3FIX app. Will go download it now.
              Last edited by Pot Noodle; 23 Mar 2004, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Still no audio though.. not even in any of my software that can play mpegs."

Have you been able to play the original .VOB (NOT full DVD) with audio? If not, the first track is probably a DTS audiostream rather than .AC3.

Have you as yet DE-Multiplexed the .VOB, using TMPGEnc or TMPGEncPlus? If so, how many audiostreams were there?

Comment

Working...