X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sTaKy
    • Mar 2004

XviD MKV file to .rm problem

hey,

I have a problem converting the xvid mkv file to rm file. This is the first time I need to convert a mkv to rm. Usually the files i get are always ogm. To convert ogm to rm, I first decompressed it using a program that came along with avi2vcd called decompress.exe. Then, i used AviC and changed it to divx. And finally I used helix producer to convert it into .rm file.

To convert mkv to rm I first converted the mkv file to ogm using VirtualDubMod. I chose "direct stream copy" and saved the mkv file as an ogm. This step worked fine(i think). Then, I took the converted ogm file, changed the extension to .avi and opened it in decompressor.exe and decompressed it. This is where the problem is. The audio and video in the decompressed file arn't in sync. The video is 5 seconds later than the audio. What should I do? Is there something I forgot to set up in VirtualDubMod? or is there another way to convert mkv to rm? Thanks
  • No_OnE_9000
    • Dec 2003

does the video start out in sync and grow to 5 seconds behind at the end or is it 5 seconds behind start to finish? here are some solutions to these problems. you will need to have the normal VirtualDub on hand.

-if it grows to 5 seconds behind, load the decompressed avi into vdub and check the framerate. make sure it is the same framerate as the original mkv. if it isn't, change it to the original framerate. that should fix it.

-if it is 5 seconds behind the whole time, load the decompressed avi into vdub. go to the audio tab>interleaving. on the bottom half of the window, there is an audio skew correction box. type in 5000 in the box (1000 milliseconds = 1 second). that delays the sound by 5 seconds. after doing that and playing through the file, if it is really close to in sync, but still not quite there, mess with the number a little so it is in sync. that should fix it.

-if it isn't fixed still, post another reply.

-if it is fixed, be sure to use direct stream copy. it should be ready for RMing after that.

ps- if you have the latest helix producer, you don't need to use AviC and change it to divx. it supports xvid.
    Last edited by No_OnE_9000; 12 Apr 2004, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎