X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B@lloo
    • Mar 2004

divx avi from tv tuner with problems

First i apologize for my poor english!

I have a tv tuner (v-stream tv878) that can capture mpeg 1, 2 and 4. For mpeg 1 and 2 i have no problem, but mpeg 4 (with divx) is not working correctly. The sound is behind the video. I try to capture to uncompressed avi (about 650 MB / minute) first and then to compress with virtualdub in divx avi but i get the same result. Also i try to convert mpeg1 or 2 to divx with virtualdub but this software can't open my mpeg fles (the message is "No video frames found in MPEG file"). I search on the web for details about what codecs i need for this operation and now i have instaled on my system divx 5.1.1 and DirectShow Ogg Vorbis filter collection. My hardware contain an XP1700+, 256 DDRAM, GF2MX400, 40 GB, TV tuner, etc.. My OS is an Win XP Profesional.

Something i do wrong but i don't now what.. and i need some help ... 10x!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

did you try capturing with virtualdubmod to a rather uncompressed (and thus producing less/no dropped frames) like huffyuv or picvideo 2 codec and sound to wave

this will result in a HUGE file, but should be in sync and could be converted to divx/avid with mp3/ogg sound later on

Comment

• B@lloo
      • Mar 2004

that's is an idea, but i'm not sure that it is a solution for me because i have not many space on my hdd; virtualdubmod is a good software, i just download it and my tuner work properly with him; now i try to capture with him and to compress directly in divx or something that give me a small file; my final target is to convert vhs tapes in divx, 1 cd for each 90 min and that mean alot of space for uncompressed capture; in next days i try virtualdubmod.

10x UncasMS!

Comment

• mvmone
        • Mar 2004

I'm experiencing this same error message, only my vid was captured to mpeg using an ATI AIW9800 Pro. I recorded a 1-hour TV program and it plays fine in WMP, but Vdub 1.5.10 gives me this error when I go to open it. I'd like prepare the file for burning to DVD.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To mvone

"I'm experiencing this same error message, only my vid was captured to mpeg using an ATI AIW9800 Pro. I recorded a 1-hour TV program and it plays fine in WMP, but Vdub 1.5.10 gives me this error when I go to open it. I'd like prepare the file for burning to DVD.

Any info is greatly appreciated."

1) What is the error message?

2) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

3) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

4) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

Working...