Please help, I am trying to convert a powerpoint demo into a self starting DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kdsmith
    • Feb 2002

Please help, I am trying to convert a powerpoint demo into a self starting DVD

Hello,
    I am a new user and am trying to convert a powerpoint demo (.pps) to a self starting DVD which I can play in my DVD player and have no idea where to begin or what software I need to purchase in order to do this. Any information you can give would be most helpful, thank you.
  • sofi
    • Jan 2002

You cannot go from Powerpoint to DVD, you need an Mpeg2 and an audio compatible file to create a VOB file in order to author or pre-master your DVD.
    The simplest software to use id DVD quick builder

hope this helps

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To get you started, you can convert the .pps file to .avi format (which is readily convertible to formats acceptable for DVD creation) using konvertor, which can be downloaded from :

Homepage of Metadata++, free, intuitive and powerful metadata manager for Windows 10/11 64 bits.

However, be advised that this will cause you to lose whatever effects are used in the presentation.

You may also be able to use Blaze Media Pro (in its "Video Decompile" mode) to convert the file to a series of graphics, which you can then resave (also via Blaze Media Pro) as an AVI-format video.

Let us know of your success ;>}
      Last edited by setarip; 19 Feb 2002, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• kdsmith
        • Feb 2002

thank you

Thank you so much for your help. This gives me a place to start. If you think of any other ways please let me know. Thanks again

Comment

• tfboy
          • Feb 2002

another way

A very crude way of doing it would be (assuming you have a video capture card like a Hauppauge WinTV and a graphics card with TV out)...

Set your powerpoint in presentation, and using the tv out, connect it to the input of a video capture card and "film" the output of your presentation.

You'd then have a very big avi file which needs compressing to whichever format you want.

It's a crude and very cpu demanding process and involves realistically 2 pcs, but it is another way of doing it.

Another way would be to get something like Premiere or other video editing software, and take screenshots using Alt+Print Screen and then importing those bitmaps into a video timeline, repeating them for as long as you want in order to obtain a suitable film sequence.
          Pros: you only need one PC with video editing software
          Cons: you can't easily do the motion animations

Just my two pennies worth.

Token

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍