Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Looping

Question Looping

Hi all,
    Is there any way to have a movie repeat playing once it gets to the end? You know, just loop over and over. I have all the standard freeware tools.
    Thanks.

Mike

I'm sure most standalone players have this capability via the remote control.

Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master

On the computer...usually BS PLayer will start up again after playing a file. If you want to make a short looping video to play on the computer you can always make an animated GIF. Ulead's GIF Animator 5 is good for this.

Hi Guys,
    The answer is to put a loop into the PGC Command Table using IfoEdit. This will cause the movie to continuously loop. Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

Mike

To mikep56:

Glad to see that you resolved your issue, and thanks for the tip.

Hi Ormonde,
    I hope it helps out somebody else.

Mike

Smile-2

Mike said:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hi Guys,
    The answer is to put a loop into the PGC Command Table using I ifoEdit. This will cause the movie to continuously loop. Thanks for the suggestions anyway!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike, Your solution is fatastic it just what I need too.
    Could you describe it more detail, how to modify the value on what fields. Thanks, Also, any one knows how to use Ifoedit to setup the DVD no auto-play(It wonĺt play when you insert it, until you press play)

Thanks,

Hi choubill,
    I can't remember off the top of my head, but I have a notebook at home that I write down this stuff in. I will post here tomorrow how I did this. It really is neat!

Mike

Wink

Mike,
    Awesome, your the best. I have a project need to do a DVD in a endless playing in the presentation. Thanks a lot again.

Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert

Use DVDLab to author it, and just make a connection from the end of the movie to it's beginning. Too simple.

Thanks the info, reauth will take quite a time, but if Ifoedit can do the job then better to use Ifoedit.

Hi choubill,
    OK, here we go. Let's assume that your dvd has only 1 titleset. There is a file called VTS_01_0.IFO.
    1) Open this file in IFOEDIT, open VTS_PGCITI then VTS_PGC_1.
    2) Page down to the PGC Command Table.
    3) Right click the "Size of Command Table in bytes" and choose Add PostCommand.
    4) Edit the post command to LinkPGCN (20 04 00 00 00 00 xx xx) where xx xx is the PGC number, probably 00 01.
    5) Save VTS file to a different directory so it doesn't overwrite the original, and copy the rest of the files to this directory.
    Now open the folder in a software dvd player and see if it loops in the right spot. If it does, I suggest that you burn it to a dvd rw and then check it out on a settop box. If this works, then burn it to a dvd r.
    If it doesn't loop or doesn't run, repost and we can try to figure it out with the help of this forum and it's very knowledgable users.

Mike

Wink

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot, I can't wait to go home and try it. Will let u know the result.

Bill

Hi choubill,
    Good luck!!

Mike

Wink

Hi Mike,

Your the best, It's perfect. Follow your detail instruction, I got it. Thanks a lot. Btw, I have another question, how to disable the auto-start with Ifoedit? Ifoedit seems very powerful, hopefully, there is a way to disable auto-start.

Regards,
    Bill

Thread Information