Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcgarble
    • May 2004

Software for encoding from analog video/audio input

I have recently bought a cheap video capture card that came with some software which I cannot use ( I have tried for days and have sent 8+ emails to both the card maker and the software provider asking for simple instructions) and I would like to begin converting video tapes to DVD, and if possible to use chapters and menus. I do not like any of the trial software (TMPGenc cDVD author 5, iuVCR, TMPGenc Source Creator ) so far, as none of it seems to work or be able to create .vob or.ifo files, which I'm guessing is what I need to make a DVD. I would settle at this point for any format/path to getting DVD's made that can play on a standalone DVD player. The first step is finding the software compatible with my (AverDVD EzMaker PCI ) capture card tbat I can use to capture analog video to files of some format that I can burn to DVD. Of course I will need also to be able to include and sychronize the sound files from the NTSC tape on the DVD

mcgarble
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

First you have to understand the process. First you need to capture the video (with whatever they provided...or you can find VirtualDub freeware on this site...and if you are XP you probably have MS MovieMaker2.) Second step is to edit out the commercials and render a DVD compliant MPEG2 (if your software allows you to capture in MPEG2, then TMPGenc DVD author does a fine job of editing out commercials). And lastly....you author and burn the DVD (TMPGenc DVD Author is excellent for this phase.) You can also purchase editors which will do all of these steps (like ULEAD VideoStudio7). I'm not familiar with some of the software you mention which came bundled....but I suspect they accomplish the same things...you just need to read their documentation and figure out what each does...and where it fits into the conversion process so you don't get frustrated trying to capture by using the authoring program.
    Last edited by rsquirell; 11 May 2004, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• mcgarble
      • May 2004

software for encoding from video/audio input

So far I have tried to capture with 3 versions of neoDVD, I got .avi (?_) files ( They had the WMP icon next to them), I got some .vob files and .ifo files one time before I knew what to do, but since then nothing. The latest bundled version of neoDVD that they let me use only works for 20 minutes of encoding, they * do not have* a manual, so I am justifiably bailing on neoDVD. Also have tried iuVCR, but am not getting files that TMPGenc can From what I have read, neoDVD and virtualDub use some technology previous to WDM that renders them a second choice as processing technologies.use, TMPGenc DVD author complains about the files being illegal. iuVCR has also begun to exhibit some rather inexplicable behaviors which indicate that it is not too stable.( I might try reinstalling it for chuckles )So far I can't find a way to capture from analog input with anything TMPGenc has a trial version of, so I am at Square ONe.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

You sound totally lost. Download a 30 day trial of ULead Video Studeo 7. It will capture, edit, author and burn...and it's pretty user friendly.

Comment

• mcgarble
          • May 2004

Will do, Roger Willko and out.

Thanks,
          Marc

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

@rsquirell. I agree with using UVS. I love the program's features and ease of use. I have Ulead Media Studio Pro but IMO it's not as user friendly. Perhaps with more time using it but right now I don't have the time.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎