How to get the DivX codecs to show up in Real7ime?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psychopaticola
    • May 2004

How to get the DivX codecs to show up in Real7ime?

Not really sure if this is the right forum but i think so, 'cause it has got something to do with converting to DivX.

I downloaded the program "Real7ime Converter", which allows me to convert RealMedia files to .AVI-files. The program works just fine, it's just that it converts to non-compressed .AVI-files, which get really big. I converted a 4 minute long .RM-file to .AVI, and the size changed from under an MB to 1.2 GB! That's a pain in the a**, especially when you want to send these files over the internet...

But then i found out that in the preferences of that program, there's an option called "Video Codecs". The only thing i could choose at that time was non-compressed.
    Therefore, i quickly downloaded the DivX codecs (all the versions, 3.xx, 4.xx and 5.xx) to see if that would help getting the file size down. I installed the codecs, went into Real7ime again, pressed the "Video Codecs" button again, but, and here's the problem; you couldn't select the DivX codecs, only the non-compressed. I even tried with TINRA, but you couldn't select it there, either.
    I also tried downloading the XviD codecs, they also didn't show up... And i'm pretty sure that the program supports other compression-options, 'cause the ReadMe-file for the program says:

"'Nimo Codec Pack' for all needed codecs. I advise you to choose its default installation else you could have a lot of problems"

I also downloaded the Nimo Codec Pack, but none of the installed codecs showed up, neither in Real7ime nor TINRA.

I know that I can just compress them after the conversion, but i don't have that much harddisk-space available, and the uncompressed .AVI-files get really big...

So, my questions are:

1. How to get all these codecs to show up in Real7ime?
    If that's not possible, then
    2. Is there another option of getting those .AVI-files compressed?

Please help!!
  • Psychopaticola
    • May 2004

Just forget it, i found the solution.
    Use the [up] and [down] keys instead of the mouse. Then you'll find them! It's that simple!

Comment

Working...