Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lnknprk
    • May 2004

Which programs

Hi, I finally found a forum to talk about dvd conversion.

Please help, I've been using Super Dvd Ripper. This program seems to do it all.

I can backup my movies by using dvd shrink. Then using Super Dvd Ripper, convert the vob files to AVI. Super Dvd Ripper even burns it for me.

One problem however, is that the conversion process takes an average of 4 hours a movie. How can a lessen this time?

Are there similar programs to Super Dvd Ripper that can convert a dvd and vob files to to avi and vcd with subtitles that are faster.

Thank you,

Terry
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Converting to a "Compressed" AVI can easily take 4 (or more) hours. You might lessen the time a little by only doing a single pass instead of a second pass in the conversion process. I don't believe there is a specific program that will save you time.

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

Are there similar programs to Super Dvd Ripper that can convert a dvd and vob files to to avi and vcd with subtitles...
      I'm confused. Are you backing up to avi, or vcd? There's a HUGE difference, and if it's VCD, then your process is much too complicated and has unnecessary steps.
      I think it's complicated anyhow.
      If backing up to VCD, You could try DVD2SVCD.
      If backing up to avi, definitely try FairUse Wizard!
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• lnknprk
        • May 2004

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the confusion. Super Dvd Ripper has the option of either ripping to VCD and AVI, which I like.

I generally rip to AVI though for quality.

I hear VCD doesn't take so many cds to burn a backup, which I like for movies that doesn't have much special effects.

Or if someone knows how to backup a movie with quality and only takes two cds to burn, this would nice.

Comment

Working...