Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vmesquita
    • May 2004

D.I.K.O. - Automatic DivX to DVD/SVCD conversion tool

Diko is a video converter: it converts many kind of video to fit a DVD-R as DVD-Video or a CD as SVCD. But how DIKO is different from the other video converters around?

For each step of this conversion, there's an optimal way to do it and a optimal software (generally freeware) to use. But using all softwares and learning each step to do an optimal conversion is a time consuming task in two aspects: you have to spend a lot of time learning to use the tools and you have to be around to run each tool. Since video encoding processes takes a while, sometimes this means that you would have to stay all day long around the computer to command one step after the other, besides setting the right options and doing manual calculations.

DIKO is an automation tool: it command many other software to get the best result in this conversion. It's like a super speciallized robot that does the all the calculations, decides what is best qualitywise and gives the right orders to all tools, aiming to get excellent video quality.

More info:

DIKO is 100% freeware, and everything it needs is also freeware and bundled in the install package. It is fully functional and can be used forever. It's also updated from time to time with new features and bugfixes.
    Last edited by vmesquita; 14 Jul 2006, 01:43 PM.
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi Vmesquita,

I guess I am too late to get my hands on this "Freeware" tool. Your URL does not go anywhere!?!?!?

Thanks,
    G!

Comment

• vmesquita
      • May 2004

More than Two years have passed, a lot has changed since them. DIKO now has its own site and forum:

I'll edit the old post.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

THANKS Dude!

G!

Comment

• ricardos
          • May 2009

thanks